Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone prefer skull mounts to shoulder mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer euros. Seeing my dad’s shoulder mounts degrade over the years turned me away from them.

Comment

When the price went over $150 for a mount I only do skull mounts now.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        I have plenty of shoulder mounts. Don't need any more.

I skull mount everything. I even skull mounted the 375 inch bull in my avatar.
        Let's see it! I love a good elk euro but dang 375 would be a hard one

Comment

If I shoot the world record tomorrow,I'll still euro mount it.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
            I like all of them, but taxidermy is one of my many mental deficiencies. So my opinion doesn't count.

Beautiful trophy room. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

<—— I prefer shoulders.

Comment

I only have 2 shoulder mounts, and a lot of euros...maybe it’s because I’ve never had the good fortune to hunt anywhere that had the luxury of making a shoulder mount a requirement, but there is no way I would pass up an invite for that reason. But I understand that not everyone is the same.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated subject, PM me and I’ll shoot you my number to give to them jk

Comment

I feel like they both have there time and place, just my opinion

Comment

I need new friends

Comment

Explanation

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                      If I shoot the world record tomorrow,I'll still euro mount it.
                      I like to get 'em down,and look at them.Many times,friends have wanted to handle them.Get a closer look;that sorta thing.Super easy to keep clean..The number one reason is they look bigger than they are!lol

Comment

I have one shoulder mount and it is a big hog, which was donated. All my Whitetail, Axis , Black buck, coyote are skulls/caps/euros.
                        If I were hunting to take a once in a lifetime deer, I would want it under my terms otherwise it would be clouded by others wants.
                        But it is their sandbox, their rules. Do you have to use their Taxidermist?
                        I find Euros are less maintenance, never have to worry about bugs and you can maximize on the wall space.

Comment

We like both. But we have more Euros, because my husband likes to carve them. He is currently learning how to do shoulder and body mounts as well. Here’s pictures for reference.
                          Last edited by TRF455; 10-26-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I have many Euro’s and remember where I killed everyone of them but that being said , i love my shoulder mounts More!

Comment

I do some taxidermy mounts for myself and friends, I myself prefer European mounts, most of the time.

Comment

I have gotten where I prefer euro’s, but if I killed a very special deer I might shoulder mount it.

Comment

Working...
                                X