No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on getting a few kill shots together and making a video.

Comment

Dang that bunny video was brutal. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Easter Bunny explosion! Must watch

Very Graphic
        Lol gaw dang...amazing visual

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Easter Bunny explosion! Must watch

Very Graphic
          What did you hit that dude with and at what range? Pretty good splatter on that about like hitting a prairie dog

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            What did you hit that dude with and at what range? Pretty good splatter on that about like hitting a prairie dog

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
            223 Fiocchi 40Gr VMax at 60 yds

Comment

I’m hoping to get into a group of pigs tomorrow night or some predators. Had this thing a week and boy all I want to do is thermal hunt! I’ll be buying another one for my son to join in on the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                Sorry, I might be confused, which isn't unusual.lol I saw that you mentioned the Alpha and I thought you were speculating that it was going to be a Halo competitor and I was explaining that the the Alpha is the Rico MK1 with a new body style.

There are some other scopes in the works that will be coming soon and I've seen them and been field testing one of them but they are all 384 resolution optics, not 640's, so no N-Vision competitors there.

Again, sorry if I'm confused, let me know what you're asking and I'll do my best to answer.

Jason
                Yes sorry I worded it wrong. I did not mean they had a competitor to the Halo LR.

I was just saying I heard they had another scope in the works besides the Alpha

Comment

I got to hunt with the 384 Iray this weekend. Looked good in the field, but like Jason mentioned the 4x is too much for me when scanning. It wouldn't be bad getting on pigs IMO, but my buddy popped it off and scanning with it when walking back to the truck was tough

Also seen his buddies Hogster, I was not impressed with it at all. Looked like his FLIR scope. No sir for me

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    I got to hunt with the 384 Iray this weekend. Looked good in the field, but like Jason mentioned the 4x is too much for me when scanning. It wouldn't be bad getting on pigs IMO, but my buddy popped it off and scanning with it when walking back to the truck was tough

Also seen his buddies Hogster, I was not impressed with it at all. Looked like his FLIR scope. No sir for me
                    Do you remember which Hogster unit it was?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Do you remember which Hogster unit it was?
                      No I do not. I just know I looked thru it and said "Ah hell no!" and didn't ask to look thru it again.

But our other 3 scopes were a Reap IR, and 2 IRAY 384's

Comment

No I do not. I just know I looked thru it and said "Ah hell no!" and didn't ask to look thru it again.

But our other 3 scopes were a Reap IR, and 2 IRAY 384's
                        Gotcha. I wouldnt expect any of the hogsters to look better than any of those scopes based on what the costs of the units.

Comment

Clarification to the post above, I wouldnt expect the Hogster to even look as good as the IRAY 384 and especially not the REAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            Clarification to the post above, I wouldnt expect the Hogster to even look as good as the IRAY 384 and especially not the REAP.
                            Yeah I don't know the costs of any of the Hogster's, but you sure do hear alot of people rave about them.

Comment

Yeah I don't know the costs of any of the Hogster's, but you sure do hear alot of people rave about them.
                              I have not personally looked through one but what I am seeing on youtube looks like great value for the money. There is a good chance you were looking at the $2300 Hogster unit and I would imagine the IRAY unit that is $4k does and should have a better image quality. Also that IRAY unit has a base mag of 4x where as the hogsters are 1.4x and 2x. The higher base mag will give the perception of a better picture and that compiled with the 12 micron and what I would assume be a better lense on the IRAY I dont doubt that it would have a significantly better picture but also what makes it 75% more expensive.

Comment

can an Iray be taken apart and serviced? that could be the difference ? and these chinese re-branded devices are throw away devices, so if you want to spend $2500 -$3500 on a scope that has a 3 year warranty, expect that if and when it breaks after 3 years , you'll just have to buy a new one. and that's fine , you just need to realize that's what you're getting yourself into. In that case, I think getting a device that uses generic replaceable batteries is key as it's probably the first thing that will fail assuming the rest of the stuff has good QC. to me a $2k device and up is too much $ to just be a throw away device that's sealed and non serviceable. no matter the brand ... knowing it can be serviced in the US would be a firm deciding factor, in addition from performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X