Safe question...brand preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe question...brand preference?

We moved back in June last year, and my old Winchester safe is several inches too wide to go where I want to put it in this house.
    Probably going to go with two 20” or 22” wide safes to use one for paperwork & ammo, to free up a couple of shelves in the main one.

Any brand suggestions, or ones to steer clear of?

Thanks!

Fire rating and locking bolt system is more important than name brand.

I’d buy the best fire rated safe you can afford https://www.amsecusa.com/fire-ratings-explained/

Comment

What are the specs on your Winchester safe? I need another safe and really like my Winchester Silverado safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Fire rating and locking bolt system is more important than name brand.

I’d buy the best fire rated safe you can afford https://www.amsecusa.com/fire-ratings-explained/
        I just got an AMSEC and it blows all the other safes I’ve had over the last 30 years away.

Comment

Amsec, Ft Knox, and Higher end Liberty are my favorite. Longer Fire rating leads to a heavier safe, the heavier the better for my liking. If you need any tips on moving them PM me, I can help you out there. There’s nothing better than feeling secure and safe when you leave your home...

Comment

I got a Liberty and like it a lot. Don’t remember off top of my head but definitely their high end as I wanted a heavy one

Comment

I'm a huge Heritage safe fan. I've had one for years and just just bought two more including the largest model they make. The fit and finish is outstanding and they are a real step above most of the safes I've looked at while at the SHOT Show every year.

Comment

I've got a mid range liberty Franklin. Looked at Amsec as well. In the same price range they're pretty much equal IMO. Amsec has a plate steel door and liberty is composite door. Both were the same gauge body and both had similar interiors. Exterior on Liberty is a little nicer. I got a better deal on the liberty so I went with that. Neither one of them is a real safe, but either are better than a thin 14 gauge box most big retailers call a "safe". Whatever you get, bolt it down. Go graffunder if you're loaded

Comment

I have a Liberty Fatboy with a combination dial and really like it. Before I decided on it, I researched fire ratings, number of bolts, etc. It was best for me in my price range.

Comment

I love my AMSEC

Comment

Liberty Fatboy here. I think it’s rated at 2,000 degrees for 45 minutes. But it’s a lot wider than 22”. I also installed a SafElert. Gives me automatic updates through text messages and email regarding any movement, humidity change, heat change etc. well worth the coin.

Comment

I have a Rhino Metals USA series and have been pretty happy with it.
                        I looked at everything on the market and bought it when they ran a sale.
                        I didn't need the biggest or strongest or prettiest safe available for my particular situation.

A lot of safe brands you're paying for the name written on the front of the safe instead of the sticker on the side of the door.
                        Find one that fits your space and requirements and bolt it down.

Comment

Liberty franklin. Had it a year or two and should've got a bigger one! Good safe.

Comment

AMSEC B&F series....

Comment

I ended up ordering a couple Steelwater safes, they have a 22” wide model that will fit perfectly where I want them to go.

Haven’t decided whether to keep the Winchester (60” h x 26”w x 20” d) or sell it...will follow up with the guys who mentioned interest here & via PMs once the new ones get here and I decide what to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X