No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall are giving me the itch with all these Thermions. Hopefully I get the call from Outdoor Legacy this next week that I'm next in line for the XQ38 I ordered.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Is there anyway yall can move from 45 minute infomercials to quick 5-10 minute run down videos? I don't have time to sit and watch 2 guys BS for an hour just to get some quick gritty details.

Do yall have any video of it. Do yall have any footage of pigs with it yet? Gotten any footage of shooting anything with it yet? Even just a video of the back yard? What are your realistic expectations for detection ranges? Do yall honestly think the fixed focal will be an issue? What range is the fixed focal optimized for? Etc...

Here is the podcast FYI if any one wants to watch it and give a synopsis.

Ep. 141 | Pulsar Thermion XM30 *REVIEW* - YouTube
      It's 2021... people like podcasts and shows like this. It's a form of entertainment for many. No one said you had to like it or listen to it, but there is a reason they have many followers and they seem to be doing well for themselves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious what the N-vision scope coming out today is

I hope its onboard recording, BUT I don't think it will be.

One day someone will figure out the onboard recording for Nvision/Trijicon for that core

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

One day someone will figure out the onboard recording for Nvision/Trijicon for that core
          Yea. It's interesting how Pulsar was able to figure it out for that core but nobody else has.

Comment

Definitely seems like onboard recording. They had another teaser post that alluded to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              Yea. It's interesting how Pulsar was able to figure it out for that core but nobody else has.
              Pulsar hasn’t figured it out for the BAE core. The XG only has a BAE sensor and not core.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Pulsar hasn’t figured it out for the BAE core. The XG only has a BAE sensor and not core.
                From Outdoor Legacy Gear's website, what am I missing?

"Pulsar utilized the high end BAE 640x480 12 micron thermal core in the XG50 and also found a way to include all the standard Thermion features. Never before has a BAE thermal core been used in a scope that included internal video and audio recording, automatic and semi-automatic calibration (often called NUC'ing), picture in picture feature, removable and rechargeable battery packs, a smart phone streaming app, color pallets and more. The BAE 640 12 micron core is the highest quality and sought after thermal core available for US citizens and has been used for years by both Trijicon and N-Vision, in their high end optics. But until now, no one had been able to create a full featured scope while utilizing this amazing thermal core."

Comment

From Outdoor Legacy Gear's website, what am I missing?

"Pulsar utilized the high end BAE 640x480 12 micron thermal core in the XG50 and also found a way to include all the standard Thermion features. Never before has a BAE thermal core been used in a scope that included internal video and audio recording, automatic and semi-automatic calibration (often called NUC'ing), picture in picture feature, removable and rechargeable battery packs, a smart phone streaming app, color pallets and more. The BAE 640 12 micron core is the highest quality and sought after thermal core available for US citizens and has been used for years by both Trijicon and N-Vision, in their high end optics. But until now, no one had been able to create a full featured scope while utilizing this amazing thermal core."
                  A simple mistake. Ask Jason directly. At first it was rumored it was a BAE core, but it’s actually only the sensor. Per Outdoor Legacy on another post he has the exact same quotation but with the word sensor instead of core. Personally I’d check the actual manufacturer for specifications before a dealer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	800F9DB3-7283-4EA5-94B5-6DCC1A5A2FE2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	24641159

Name:	275C3009-FE03-4440-8199-EAEC68CBD1D1.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	24641160

Comment

I think it is going to have recording and LRF. They made a post on their FB page day before yesterday asking what you would rather have, video recording or LRF? I assume their answer to their own question is going to be both.

Comment

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      Personally I’d check the actual manufacturer for specifications before a dealer.

[ATTACH]1036918[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]1036919[/ATTACH]

I did a quick search on Pulsars page and evidently missed it so I went to Outdoor Legacy’s site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a quick search on Pulsars page and evidently missed it so I went to Outdoor Legacy’s site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Not a problem. It’s still a pretty common rumor, and unless you really dig it’s kind of hard to catch.

I’m out on this one though.

Name:	163C3D0A-E10B-4F7C-A45E-52DE56FA24D6.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	24641179

Comment

MAN THEY DID IT!!!!

Which tells me Trijicon is not entirely dedicated to thermal scopes. Or else they would have already done it.

As the story has been, it was not possible with a BAE core

Comment

MAN THEY DID IT!!!!
                            Pulsar has me spoiled I guess. I'm not paying $10,000 for something the Trail 2 LRF gets done for $5,999. You could buy a whole 'nother thermal with that difference in price. Hard pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              Pulsar has me spoiled I guess. I'm not paying $10,000 for something the Trail 2 LRF gets done for $5,999. You could buy a whole 'nother thermal with that difference in price. Hard pass.

For some, that image is everything and they're willing and able to pay $10K for one scope. For others, not so much. I went with the "buy a whole 'nother thermal with that difference in price. I chose to have two that I can kill with as opposed to one with the sharper image. One for the AR and one to use as a scanner that I can occasionally share with someone who's hunting with me. I sold both of my thermals and updating soon to a Thermion XQ38 & Hogster R 2X but using a Wraith 2X in the gap. Wraith will probably end up being a house scope so the family can see what's "out there" while we're hunting with the thermals and a daytime scope for when I do daytime calling.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                Yeah $7500-8500 is steep! Pretty much a Reap quality scope with recording and battery

I like the image better on the Thermion over the Trail. I hate the stupid LRF.

Just not practical or something I need. Just an excuse to raise price $500
                                Last edited by gingib; 01-19-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X