No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a 47 lb coyote last night. As you will hear I was pretty excited. We had been skunked the past 3 trips and I think the ranch owner was starting to think they need to find another predator hunter lol.

FOUL LANGUAGE AFTER THE SHOT.

Comment

Guys, I’m new to looking at thermals, what are some of the best places to buy thermal rifle scopes?

Comment

Caught one slipping tonight with my Halo LR
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
          Guys, I’m new to looking at thermals, what are some of the best places to buy thermal rifle scopes?
          Outdoor Legacy he’s a sponsor on here

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
            Originally posted by RMW View Post
            Not only is Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear a sponsor, if you call him and let him know what you want to do with your thermal (budget, game, distance of shots, etc), he'll recommend the best one for your application.

Comment

He is the best in the business.

Comment

Nailed it

Comment

I was able to watch this bobcat stalk up on this rabbit from over 100 yards away. Caught the actual chase on thermal.

https://www.facebook.com/edlipscomb/...26037167413726

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-06 18.47.17-1a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	24639764

Comment

Who’s our contact at Outdoor Legacy?

Comment

Jason Robertson
                      877-350-1818

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are some videos from last night. First is a sounder of pigs rooting up nutgrass. They get out into the cotton stalks super fast limiting follow up shots.

Coyote number one. Stalked with 350 yards then lip squeaked him in to around 110-120. There was another coyote too, but when I got it stopped he was right behind a pivot drop.

The coyote that got away stopped out where the original one came from. We stalked it to about 200-210 yards and I shot it.

Called a third coyote up with the Convergent while we were trying to call pigs. Surprised me to see it come rolling in hard like that to a pig call. Killed it about 160 yards.

We got on another sounder of pigs and killed several more, but it all happened real fast when it came time to shoot and I didn't get the record button hit.

Comment

Hey guys, thank you SO much for all the referrals and shout outs! It really means a lot. I'm sorry I haven't been as active recently over here in this thread but we've had our busiest month....3 months....heck the busiest year (lol) and I've just been trying to keep my head above water. Heck even the hogs think I'm not as mad at them as I used to be but I'm still killing enough to let them know I haven't forgotten about them!

Jason

Comment

Figure you boys may like this little video I put together of last nights shenanigans.

Thermion XM50 I have access to borrow for the recording and shooting 3 of the 11 pigs were killed with a sightmark wraith. Other buddy has a trijicon reap-ir 35 but for some reason it was dying after first shot so he hit 2 but was all he was able to shoot. Let me know what y'all think about the video liable to make another one in June.

Recovered 11 hit 4 more. Ended the night with a bang, killing 8 out of an 8 hog group.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              Figure you boys may like this little video I put together of last nights shenanigans.

Thermion XM50 I have access to borrow for the recording and shooting 3 of the 11 pigs were killed with a sightmark wraith. Other buddy has a trijicon reap-ir 35 but for some reason it was dying after first shot so he hit 2 but was all he was able to shoot. Let me know what y'all think about the video liable to make another one in June.

Recovered 11 hit 4 more. Ended the night with a bang, killing 8 out of an 8 hog group.

Get a lighter trigger and you won’t jerk it as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post

Can you give us some idea of the ranges? Seemed like you were aiming high on some shots, but not sure. Why wait until June, there's plenty more out there.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X