Steiner bino opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steiner bino opinions

Looking for some feedback on the Steiner HX or predator 10x42.
    I can’t find much info on the Steiner. How would they compare to the vortex viper or talons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't speak on the models you listed but I've got some Steiner Military and they are great in my opinion. No center dial, lens adjust independently and have enough friction that they don't move accidently. Pretty darn good Glass for sub $500

Comment

Have had a pair of Steiner Predator for probably 25 years. They were $500 new. Sent in a couple years ago to get rubber coating replaced, $50 fee. Mine are either 10x or 12x42.

Comment

I have and use a 15 year old pair of predator 10x42s. Never had a single complaint. The only issue I’ve ever heard anyone have with Steiner’s was glass a fogging issue on a pair of night hunter 12x56s, sent in and fixed no questions asked. They’re quality German glass that I’ve spent hours looking through without getting eye fatigue and headaches.

Can’t say the same about the pair of vipers I had. Got rid of them after about a year.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          I have and use a 15 year old pair of predator 10x42s. Never had a single complaint. The only issue I’ve ever heard anyone have with Steiner’s was glass a fogging issue on a pair of night hunter 12x56s, sent in and fixed no questions asked. They’re quality German glass that I’ve spent hours looking through without getting eye fatigue and headaches.

Can’t say the same about the pair of vipers I had. Got rid of them after about a year.

Did you feel like the Steiner were better glass? I can get pretty good discount on them so price isn’t a concern. Just want to see if they would be noticeable upgrade to my talons.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
            Did you feel like the Steiner were better glass? I can get pretty good discount on them so price isn’t a concern. Just want to see if they would be noticeable upgrade to my talons.

Only way you'll know is to go look thru some yourself. You

Comment

I have the Steiner Predator 10x42s and the T1028 10x28s. They glass serves my needs hunting in Texas and the customer support is outstanding.

Comment

I have a 9x40 that is my truck glass, I’ve had them since the 80s. Steiners are very good glass and the customer service is excellent. I dropped mine and misaligned one “barrel”, told them I dropped it and they replaced it free of charge. Can’t beat that !

Comment

Had 2 pair of Steiner predator 12x40’s before I was gifted a pair of older zeiss 10x40’s. Have a pair of Swarovski el’s as well.

Gave the second pair of Steiners to a friend and he uses them every time he’s in the field.

Had my first pair of Steiner 12x40’s fall down a canyon after my strap broke. Was only able to find one side of them. My daughter uses them as a monocular looking at deer at the house.

Those Steiner hold their own. **** good glass at the price point.
                  Last edited by MASTERS; 01-28-2023, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post

My eyes said they were. I haven’t ever gotten into the weeds as far as technical details go but I’ve never had eye strain issues with them after staring through them for 6-8 hours as where I did after a few hours from the vipers.

From articles I’ve read most seem to agree the glass and build quality of steiners is above what should be expected in their price point.

Comment

I have the HX 15X56. I had some discounts and a gift card. I think it was to best product at the price point I paid. 10x42 there are more options at that price point. If you are using veterans or pro discount you might also check out mavens at guidefitter com.

Comment

Thanks for all the input!

Comment

I had a 15x56 Steiner bino.
                          I sent it back to Cabelas.
                          It couldn't be focused.

Comment

I have had 2 pair of Steiner HX 10x42’s. Sold my first pair to upgrade to a “ better” glass. Sold the “ better” glass and went back to the Steiner 10x42’s.
                            I know there are better glass out there. But I absolutely love the Steiner

Comment

i have the predator 10x42 and have no complaints , my son has a pair of zeiss terra`s and they seem to have a slight edge over my steiners .

Comment

Working...
                              X