how long you known your wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Your wife sounds awesome.......you sound like a slow learner. Congrats on a lifetime relationship with her.
    LOL! This!
    Congrats!

I've known mine for 42 years, been married 35 yrs. Best thing that ever happened to me. For her, not so sure! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Your wife sounds awesome.......you sound like a slow learner. Congrats on a lifetime relationship with her.
      Ha

Known mine for 20 years this August. Married for 17.

We met when a buddy of mine asked me to double date with him and two girls from work. One he had been on a few dates with and her friend. I wasn't really interested, but figured I'd do him a solid. He pulled up with both and my inner voice said, "hot ****, she ain't bad at all". Turned out that was the one for him.

Apparently that's what she was thinking too because we pulled a switcheroo by halfway through the date.

Comment

Known mine for 19 years, been together for 18, in a couple of weeks we'll have our 17th wedding anniversary.

Comment

when my kids were young, one asked us how we met. I told him that we met in elementary school and I should have been absent that day. together for 37, married for 28.

Comment

Known 20, together 18, married 11.

Comment

Alecia came along just in the nick of time for me. I was in a downward spiral coming off of a bad marriage. She is my God sent angel. Known her for 35yrs and been married 34.

Comment

I knew who my wife was in 9th grade but we ran in different circles. Her parents divorced and she moved away for a couple of years. She moved back and we met in 12th grade right before graduation. Dated for about 3 or 4 months before I left for boot camp and she left for A&M that August. I returned home on leave that December and we got married. About a week ago makes 30 years of us knowing each other and this December makes 30 years married. I try to remind her regularly just how lucky she got. She appreciates that, I can tell.

Comment

Tiger there's two kinds of people at the nursing home, those telling the stories and those wishing they'd done that. Hang in there and congrats on at least one good decision.

Comment

We been married for 37 and dated 4 years before that- I fell in love with her the first time I saw her!I married Way up for sure! Bless her beautiful , strong heart, she has been married to me for 65 years! The Lord straightened me out 7 yrs ago !
                    When do you give up ( other than lives being at risk) Never!

Comment

Tiger, it has been mentioned before in multiple different ways, you sir are a lucky man! I have a feeling most of us on here are lucky to have any woman stick with us considering our hobbies and interests.

Known my wife since 5th grade, we were boyfriend and girlfriend for a while in there and even took her to 7th grade dance, then we pretty much went separate paths through high school even though we were still around each other. Then one evening when I was 21, I ran into her out and about and that was that. Married in 96' at 23 years old and will celebrate out 25th anniversary this June.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                        talking about mine got me thinking....ive known her name since we were 2 maybe 3,she watched me go thru 4 marriages and stood up and said i got this...weve been together going on 25 years we were together 20 years before we got married...1 morning i was sitting at my desk i hollered into the bedroom if we got married it would save almost 700 a month on my insurance she peeked out said do i get 350 a month for doing it...boy what a bargain i got,i ve came home from a bar so beat up by 3 mexicans and a pool stick i was unrecognizable, long story... short version is never turn loose of the pool stick, shes bailed me out of jail more times than i care to remember every time she says this is the last time but she always comes gets me,she literally had to babysit a 230lb baby for about 6 months till i learned to walk bath and things im to embarrassed to admit to,ive spent all our savings more than once on a old hot rod that i promise ill sell most of them i have but not all of them "side note if you hear of my demise and you want a 69 camaro or a 34 chevy coupe get here quick she swears they are both going in the pond", she still helps me dress everyday...all that being said i know her by site but she surprises me everyday so i guess im still getting to know her after 50 something years...she reminds me often i wouldnt be here without her thank you god.....
                        Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                          Tiger, it has been mentioned before in multiple different ways, you sir are a lucky man! I have a feeling most of us on here are lucky to have any woman stick with us considering our hobbies and interests.

Known my wife since 5th grade, we were boyfriend and girlfriend for a while in there and even took her to 7th grade dance, then we pretty much went separate paths through high school even though we were still around each other. Then one evening when I was 21, I ran into her out and about and that was that. Married in 96' at 23 years old and will celebrate out 25th anniversary this June.
                          Not “lucky” but very Blessed

Comment

my wife and I don't know how we met. There was no "meeting" that either of us can really remember.

We did know each other in High school, and probably in Jr. High. Her mother was my 7th grade English teacher, and her grandfather was my 10th grade history teacher. (old school man that played football for Baylor, then for the cleveland browns for a couple years!)

when we were working on wedding invitations, she had "grandma B" invited.
                            Grandma B had a daycare in her home that I went to after school in 1st and 2nd grade.

I asked how she knew her, and it turns out when I was 7 and she was 5 we were both at Grandma B's after school. Small world!

but just for fun, I tell people she's a columbian mail order bride.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 04-20-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

28 years. Married 27.

Comment

We have a picture of the first time we met, I believe. She was an infant. LOL. Grew up in the same small town and played on the same little league baseball team , etc. Started dating in high school. I'm 43 and we'll celebrate our 24th anniversary at the end of May.

Comment

Working...
                                X