2022 Mountain Goat Hunt with Babine Guide Outfitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
    Where are the IT guys?..... Link to the youtube video?
    Here is the link to the Youtube Video. I tried uploading the video as an attachment but it wouldn't work:

Mountain goat hunt with Babine Guide Outfitters

Comment

In for the LDP! Congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

I got sick just seeing the words MOUNTAIN GOAT!!! My hunt was absolutely insane and tested every fiber in my body........but heck, I would deaux it again......LOL!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats and great recap.

Comment

Congrats!

Come on IT department, help him get the pics uploaded. LOL

Comment

We decided to give it 45 minutes before looking for the goat. We killed some time around the shot location, then decided to go back to the glassing knob and give the goat some time to expire. When we got back to the glassing knob Gavin said, “look, a dead goat”. The goat had died mid-stride less than 75 yards from our glassing area. The goat had gone about 150 yards after the shot. With the relatively flat mountain top, it died far from the cliffs that can turn an archery mountain goat hunt turn into a nightmare. The billy was 6 years old and had 8” horns.
                Attached Files

Comment

Man he is awesome! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pic with Guide, Gavin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Since it was only 3 pm when we finished, we decided to pack out that evening. With the long daylight hours this time of year in BC, we planned to make it to the UTV by dark. After a mostly downhill hike with heavy packs, we made it to the UTV right at dark. My pack was heavy for a 60-year-old man, 70+ pounds with head, cape and some meat, but Gavin carried most of the meat and his pack was crazy heavy, well over a 100 pounds.

Comment

The next several days were a blur of days spent looking for bears, shooting grouse and eating berries. The bears were mostly in the clear cuts. The great weather that made the goat hunting so nice caused a lack of wind that made stalking bears in the clear cuts with all the downed timber and dead branches difficult. I missed 2 longish shots at bears over the next few days. The first miss came when I ranged a bear at 42 yards in the brushy ditch on the side of the road. When it stepped into the road, I thought it was the same distance and didn’t range it. The arrow went under the bear and Gavin told me the bear was actually 52 yards. The next miss came when I had a steep uphill 37-yard shot. I think I rushed the shot because the bear was walking in and out of the brush. Whatever happened, I missed.

Comment

Free range organic bear food.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations and great write up. One heck of a goat!

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                              Free range organic bear food.
                              .............and Landrover food! I love those things. One of my guides was native Alaskan and we ate everything he identified as food........some things were horrible but those were yummy.
                              Beautiful Billy Goat sir........well done!!!

Comment

We went to Babine’s cabin across the lake for one overnight. The cabin is only a few years old and has 5 bedrooms. It is really nice for a remote cabin and has beautiful views of a lake.
                                I even got to see a Grizzly when we crossed the Babine River. It was nice to be able to watch the grizzly from the safety of a bridge. This was especially nice because on my 2019 mountain goat hunt a grizzly charged us and the guide had to shoot it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X