UPS Store won't ship a scope?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Store won't ship a scope?!

Has anyone else even been denied the ability to ship a riflescope?

UPS store refused to ship it, and then they kicked me out when I asked to see the rules and asked for the manager. Admittedly, I was pretty ****** off at that point.

What is this world coming to??

Yes, I know the store is a franchise and won't take ammo, but a scope? Unbelievable.

Sorry, I don't usually rant, this is just crazy!

Bummer!

Comment

I just used them to ship some rifle barrels told them the were pieces of pipe.

Someone told me about a service called pirate ship and you create an account shipped through ups, it’s supposed to be much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go back tomorrow and if its a different person, you are shipping a magnifying glass.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

apparently, google says I'm not the only one, it even brought up an old TBH threw from a couple years ago,

Still completely shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Go back tomorrow and if its a different person, you are shipping a magnifying glass.

That’s right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Telescope!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post

yea, I've even shipped scopes from this same store before, but I had this one in the factory box, I should have known better

Comment

I tried to ship an extra magazine and the grip modules for a glock once and i had them fairly wrapped up. She kept asking me what they were and i just referred to them as "parts" and she kept asking if they were gun parts. I eventually walked out based on the cost of what they were asking to ship, but i got the feeling they would have asked me to leave anyway if they knew what it was.

Comment

Better yet - someone is going to be a futuristic pirate for Halloween and this is a nautical telescope from the future. I dunno. I am kinda shocked they even knew what it is. Must play Call of Duty when they get off work.

Comment

Depends on which numbskull is behind the counter. I shipped two handguns a week apart, told both of the clerks the same thing. I paid $87 to ship one, and less than $20 to ship the other one FARTHER. Same amount of insurance. On a scope I just wouldn’t tell them what it was. Kinda scared to ship a firearm that way lest it gets lost.

Comment

Why do they need to know? Are you taking it up there in its original box?

Comment

They charge way too dang much anyway, better off shipping some other way. Having said that, for other reasons I'd send in a complaint and try to have somebody at the store retrained.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                            Has anyone else even been denied the ability to ship a riflescope?

UPS store refused to ship it, and then they kicked me out when I asked to see the rules and asked for the manager. Admittedly, I was pretty ****** off at that point.

What is this world coming to??

Yes, I know the store is a franchise and won't take ammo, but a scope? Unbelievable.

Sorry, I don't usually rant, this is just crazy!
                            Same thing happened to me! I was packaging the scope inside the store and she saw it, she said “is that for a gun” I said yes it’s a scope then she started walking backwards as if I was holding her up. It freaked me out she was literally terrified of me lol. I got told they won’t ship it. I went to USPS instead.

Comment

Put it in a USPS PRIORITY box and send it. The answer is NO to anything they ask you at the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X