Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfectly fine…

Comment

I run a 1-8 and 1-10 on a couple of my ARs. I’ve effectively killed prairie dogs to 640 yds with 50+ % hit rates with the 1-8. The center of the reticle is a bit too thick to effectively use at that distance, but the bottom half of the elevation stadia works great. I dialed my dope minus 2 mils, and held the last two where the reticle is thin enough to be effective. Within. A few hundred yards when shots are quicker it’s never an issue.

Comment

I had a 1-6 on mine and it was okay although as stated above the cross hairs were too thick for long range hunting or shooting.

I personally like the extra power even at 100 yards. I have a 3-15 pst gen II on mine and I'm getting 3-4 inches off a bipod at 300 yards with bullets from 55-77 grains.

I've since taken the shaky QR mount off and added a set of seekins directly to the rail. It's now rock solid and lowered the scope a bit.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201021-123532_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	24657587

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
          Varmint control and hog hunting mostly. I haven’t even shot it yet but you might be right.
          If these are your primary uses for the rifle, you are good to go with that scope.

Comment

One of the neatest things about a flat top is you can use good quality QD cantilever one piece bases and quickly switch the type of optic to fit the purpose. I like the Burris PEPR QD mount #410342. These mounts will hold perfect zero on any good Pic rail.

Comment

I personally like more zoom

Comment

It's just an illusion, pull the buttstock out, it will look normal. But really, looks fine

Comment

Overkill?

The higher end LPVOs are great “do-all” optics to put on an AR in my opinion, but I’ve shot several of the Sub-$500 options out there and don’t really have a use for one.

The whole reason for an LPVO is to have an optic that is quick like a reddot at close range, but also has the magnification to stretch out to further distances. In my opinion, the budget options don’t have a good enough eye box/glass quality to be very fast at 1x and in some cases aren’t a true 1x. Because of that, you really lose the main advantages that a LPVO provides over an optic with a higher base magnification.

If you can swing a quality LPVO like a Vortex Razor or Nightforce NX8/Atacr, etc, I would highly recommend them, but if you’re going to be looking in the same price range as that Strike Eagle, I would pass on one.
                  Last edited by Raider4044; 07-30-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Looks good

I run a 3-9x40 Nikon on mine after downgrading from a 5-20x50 Trijicon

Comment

Looks great

Comment

ARs are like underwear; it's a matter of personal preference. Wear what you want on it.

Comment

Looks just fine to me. But then again, up here, if you are hunting coyotes a low power scope is not going to do you any good. I think you will like that magnification range.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            ARs are like underwear; it's a matter of personal preference. Wear what you want on it.
                            And like Harleys. Everybody makes them their own.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              And like Harleys. Everybody makes them their own.

Comment

My mantra: More is more.

Comment

Working...
                                X