No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are finally pumping water! We are filling up the small pond first since it won’t take nearly as much water. Getting around 55gpm. I’ll post some more pictures of the well house and everything later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

We are finally pumping water! We are filling up the small pond first since it won’t take nearly as much water. Getting around 55gpm. I’ll post some more pictures of the well house and everything later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      looks awesome! I have a well to keep my 2 acre pond full - amazing how much water it takes just to add several inches to the level - especially during the heat of the summer with evaporation - the electricity cost is not cheap either - at any rate it will look great

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
        looks awesome! I have a well to keep my 2 acre pond full - amazing how much water it takes just to add several inches to the level - especially during the heat of the summer with evaporation - the electricity cost is not cheap either - at any rate it will look great
        It takes a bunch of water and electricity! We won't be able to keep it full all the time but this should help us prevent it from getting below 1.5 acres or so. We are hoping we will grow some big bass with a constant water supply.

Comment

Well House

Here's two pictures of the well house.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	24711539

Name:	2 (Large).jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	24711540

We purchased two Fish Pyramid's from Texas Hunter Products.

Name:	3 (Large).jpg
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	24711541
          We will add these two the pond next trip. I really like these pyramids for the shiners and smaller bluegills to seek shelter and allow them to thrive. I'm hoping I'll be able to add all of the additional baitfish next trip out there.

Fingers crossed that we all get some rain over the next week!

Comment

That’s a great well. Gonna be a nice lake

My pitiful solar well only makes about 4 gallons/minute.

We Got .6” of rain tonight. North of us near May was quite a storm.
            More expected next few days

Hope y’all got some.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Hope y’all got some.

BP
              Glad to hear you got some rainfall. We got absolutely zero rainfall yesterday, which was frustrating. Some spots a couple miles north of us got over 2in. More rain chances over the next 7 days....fingers crossed.

Comment

Hope y’all got some.

BP
                Wish you would have gotten more. As far as I can tell we have gotten about 1.5" over the past couple of days. We drove up yesterday afternoon right after a big storm. Lots of hail as their were leaves all over the road driving in and once we got on the county road you could see it piled up under the trees. Some of the pieces were approaching golf ball size. We had water standing in some of our food plots so I'm as happy as I can be. If they don't grow it is because I did something wrong lol. I'm going to check the tanks today to see how much they got. The forecast I'm seeing shows rain just about every day in the 10 day so hopefully we all get some much needed rain.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                  Wish you would have gotten more. As far as I can tell we have gotten about 1.5" over the past couple of days. We drove up yesterday afternoon right after a big storm. Lots of hail as their were leaves all over the road driving in and once we got on the county road you could see it piled up under the trees. Some of the pieces were approaching golf ball size. We had water standing in some of our food plots so I'm as happy as I can be. If they don't grow it is because I did something wrong lol. I'm going to check the tanks today to see how much they got. The forecast I'm seeing shows rain just about every day in the 10 day so hopefully we all get some much needed rain.
                  Great news ! Our sunflowers and grass seed have sprouted and forecast is promising.

Sorry about the hail. Hopefully no real damage.

Headed back to Brown county now to see the grass and browse greening up.

Comment

It looks like everyone except for our property got some really good rainfall last night. We literally got 0.05in. The big cells were all around us and providing lots of runoff. Hopefully we get some this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                      It looks like everyone except for our property got some really good rainfall last night. We literally got 0.05in. The big cells were all around us and providing lots of runoff. Hopefully we get some this weekend.
                      I looked at a rainfall map a little while ago and without knowing your exact location but knowing your approximate location thought how great it was you should have gotten some rain. I hope you get some this week.

I think we missed on the rains yesterday but got a decent amount over the weekend. Not enough to fill up tanks but should do the food plots good.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                        I looked at a rainfall map a little while ago and without knowing your exact location but knowing your approximate location thought how great it was you should have gotten some rain. I hope you get some this week.

I think we missed on the rains yesterday but got a decent amount over the weekend. Not enough to fill up tanks but should do the food plots good.
                        I'm happy to hear you got some rain. We have only gotten 0.06in for the past 10 days or so and are at 2.09in total for the year. This is definitely the driest start of the year we've ever seen. We have great chances over the next 7 days and weather channel is forecasting 3.8in. Fingers crossed!

Comment

How big of a pump and what size pipe did they install for your new well for the pond?

Comment

How old are you letting your trophy deer get before yall take them?

Comment

How many here use the weather app “bushel farm” ( old farm log) ?
                              It’s generally spot on and really handy for out of town owners.

I Could have started a new thread but thought it was appropriate for this rain discussion

BP

Comment

How many here use the weather app “bushel farm” ( old farm log) ?
                                It’s generally spot on and really handy for out of town owners.

I Could have started a new thread but thought it was appropriate for this rain discussion

BP
                                I use it along with our weather station we installed. The FarmLogs app, which is now called "Bushel Farm" is extremely accurate!

Comment

Working...
                                X