Meyer Lemons signs of life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
    We lost all of our lemons, a lime, and a 15yo satsuma. The orange was double wrapped with frost fabric and sheltered, but no match for a week of that cold.
    I don't know how, but wrapping it might have killed it.
    I wrapped 4 of my banana trees, and about 5 I didn't wrap.
    Wrapped 2 young plums, but didn't wrap the peach trees, or young apricot trees.
    Everything I wrapped died...., everything unwrapped lived.
    Maybe just a coincidence but it seemed to correlate.

Comment

I'm gonna give mine a few more months. I know the saying is no green under the bark means it's dead but I got a shrub that is brown all the way thru but now has green shoots coming out everywhere

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        My 20 year old tree is deader than a doornail. Wife is very upset.
        That sucks. My old house had a one I planted in 2005. I am sure its dead but we sold that place. New neighbors have 2 I estimate to have been in the 20 year plus range. They gone, it is sad.

Comment

Dont have lemons, but had a 10 year old orange tree that was 14' tall and it only has small sprouts coming out at ground level. Looking like Groot starting all over again.

Thinking of just digging it out and planting a new one that is already a couple years into growth.

Of course, lost a bunch of other stuff too.

Just suucks.

J

Comment

My tree last year...

Comment

I've got a 3 yo grapefruit that has got shoots about a foot long. My 10 yo Meyer lemon has some shorter shoots on it. All appear to be above the graft. Fingers crossed. The wife planted 2 limequat trees that we covered with sheets and plastic tubs. They look like nothing ever happened to them.

Comment

top picture is thornless Mexican lime, and bottom is Meyer lemon. I cut a tree tube in half to cover the trunk, and wrapped both of them in a old towel. Thoughts?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  top picture is thornless Mexican lime, and bottom is Meyer lemon. I cut a tree tube in half to cover the trunk, and wrapped both of them in a old towel. Thoughts?
                  The thornless Mexican tree is growing from the root stock which is a trifoliate variety. It will not produce lines again.

Comment

Mine is doing great, already fruiting but it's only 3 years old so I was able to move it in the garage and wrap it during the freeze

Comment

If they die back to the roots be aware that the root stock they were grafted on to may be trifoliata orange and is pretty much useless.

Comment

mine is dead as fried chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                          If they die back to the roots be aware that the root stock they were grafted on to may be trifoliata orange and is pretty much useless.

https://www.lsuagcenter.com/MCMS/Rel...-Rootstock.pdf
                          Great information! Thanks

I pulled my old one this morning and replaced it with another.

Comment

My lemon 16y+ dead . Satsuma orange 6y+ a few dead limbs but rest is Leafing out

???????

Comment

The freeze got my two big fig trees. I thought figs were pretty hardy. Guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                                The freeze got my two big fig trees. I thought figs were pretty hardy. Guess not.
                                I have a fig tree right by my meyer tree and it looks great, Meyer has no signs of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X