Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone spotted any Purple Martin or Hummingbird scouts yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    Haha....give me a little credit brother. 😂 Yes, they have the starling resistant crescent shaped entrance holes in them 😛
    That's what pellet guns are for!

but mine has those squirrely little holes in it too...

Comment

The Martins are coming in. I put my houses up Sunday and as of this morning I had 10 martins.

Still no hummingbirds yet.

Comment

Dang it! I still have zero Martins. Haven't put out any HB feeders yet... probably do that this weekend.
        Last year at my house the Martins showed up real late, and didn't have that many nesting pairs... thought maybe it was because I left my boxes out all year from the year before and they didn't like the "dirty" boxes... Took 'em in beginning of winter after they all left, cleaned and re-painted and put 'em back up after Snowmageddon... so far nuthin'...
        You guys put anything in the nest boxes or leave 'em clean? I've never put anything in them, and up until last year, I'd have birds in just about every hole on both sides of 3 big boxes... Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

Comment

no hummers but our first 3 PM scouts showed up last nite here in N.W. Arkansas

Comment

Wife said she thinks a couple Martins were buzzin' the boxes this morning!! Hope they're still around when I get home this evening!!

Comment

We have Martins at dads house already!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                We have Martins at dads house already!
                Cool. Glad to see these North TX Martins reports, will keep any eye out.

Comment

I noticed our nesting barn swallows showed up yesterday

Comment

If what my bride saw this morning was Martins, they didn't stick around this evening. No sign of them...

Comment

Saw one hummingbird at the feeder yesterday.

Comment

They usually show up on March 19th, my birthday and the same day that the "swallows return to Capistrano". We feed a gallon of sugar water a day to the hummers on the front porch.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

We had several at the ranch (Mills Cnty) last weekend

Comment

Had my first sighting of a scout on Friday afternoon. Now have 2 pair already claiming two holes on the top floor!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Had my first sighting of a scout on Friday afternoon. Now have 2 pair already claiming two holes on the top floor!!
                              Good for you Charlie....still nada here 😕

Comment

Nothing here yet either..........i did fill up feeders on yesterday in case a scout is in dire need.

Comment

Working...
                                X