Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone spotted any Purple Martin or Hummingbird scouts yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our purple martins showed up three days ago.

Comment

IN...nothing here yet for us as new landlords.

Comment

My dad has some in Karnes County

Comment

Normally start seeing hummers this week, but with nothing for them to eat because of the freeze they will likely struggle. Need to get our feeders out this week.

Comment

I swear I heard a humming bird in the flower bed in the front of our house yesterday.

Comment

Martins

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
              Just checking to see if anyone has spotted any scouts yet?
              Got my houses up today.
              Was wondering the same thing. Cleaned out my house trying to keep the sparrows out before putting it back up. Martins should have been here by now ????

Comment

I had 4 scouts show up this weekend in Deer Park

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  IN...nothing here yet for us as new landlords.
                  Joel, post up some pics of your gourds! Like to see 'em now that you've got them finished and up.

Comment

Nope, but we have a pair of wrens back in the box and the Mallards (George and Barbara) landed in the pool yesterday.

Comment

We have had a few around Tomball and I saw some in Limestone county this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Joel, post up some pics of your gourds! Like to see 'em now that you've got them finished and up.

Here you go Charlie.
                        I’m sure trying here brother. I feel I have the house in a good location...close enough to the shop but in an open area with no trees too close. I’ve put some dried pine needles inside the nesting areas of both the house and the gourds, have my 2 decoys on perch and even playing the purple Martin “dawnsong”vocalization CD via a boombox predawn everyday.

Nothing yet...I guess only time will tell.

Comment

Very nice Joel! I have a box that looks a lot like that one only mine actually has holes where the birds can get inside!! ...guess it's just from the angle of the pic, you can't see the holes??

Comment

I got 2 houses back up yesterday and had a scout this morning,
                            I'm north of Mineral Wells,

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Very nice Joel! I have a box that looks a lot like that one only mine actually has holes where the birds can get inside!! ...guess it's just from the angle of the pic, you can't see the holes??
                              Haha....give me a little credit brother. 😂 Yes, they have the starling resistant crescent shaped entrance holes in them 😛

Comment

Had a few scouts in Tomball right before the freeze. Nothing since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X