New Mexico Muley Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!! Well done.
    A lot of awesome right there. Big congrats on one heck of a bow kill.

Comment

Well earned... congrats!

Comment

Very nice mulie . I think you got a great trophy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post
          Congrats, awesome accomplishment! Could you elaborate on your camping/backpacking setup, details of the kill and your arrow setup?

Seek Outside Redcliff with a SXL stove. Cabelas outfitter -25* bag. Kifaru emr 2 pack, zeiss binos, Swaro spotter.

Sitka gear from head to toe, the puffy saved me this trip.

I’m shooting 200 spine Black Eagle Spartans, weigh about 550gr total with Kudu heads. 82.5lb Hoyt RX1 at 31.75”

Comment

Dang right!

Comment

Congrats. Awesome job

Comment

I was walking back to the truck after a blown stalk where some jack wagon drove his ranger after a really nice buck in the sage. Blew him out of the country, I stood up and yelled a few choice words at the guy and got “its public land” yelled back. I was within 150 yard of him and had been crawling for about 45 min.

On the walk back to the truck to continue glassing I spotted 7 does and 3 smaller bucks coming out on the flat about 400 yards away. The buck I ended up shooting was bringing up the rear of the group. Back to crawling and playing the wind for another hour, the shot was right before dark. I watched him fall through my range finder about 150 yards from where he was standing at the shot. Darkness came on quick and I decided to give it till the morning to go find him.

I got back to camp, cooked dinner, laid down, and stared at the roof of the tent for 10 min. Enough of that, I got my gear back on and grabbed the headlamp and flashlight to go find him. Found blood about 30 yards from where I shot him and trailed him the rest of the way. He was quartering away, I hit him about 3 ribs back and caught liver onside, lung and the bottom of his heart as the arrow exited.

Comment

Awesome country! Awesome hunt! Awesome buck!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                    Solo trip with an awesome animal equals huge accomplishment. Congrats and thanks for posting.

Really enjoyed the solo aspect of this hunt. Sure it would have been nice to have someone to flag me in on a stalk, but getting it done solo was very rewarding.

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats man!

Comment

Great pics, story and a true trophy.

Congrats

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

That is absolutely a great job! Thank you for sharing sir!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Congratulations!
                              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

That is great. Nice buck. Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X