The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. All I can say is that I put the digital nightvision on it and saw that it was a coyote. If you look at my previous posts you will see that I am big on positivly IDing animals.

If the animal on the right is a coyote then what is on the left which was chasing the animal on the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
      If the animal on the right is a coyote then what is on the left which was chasing the animal on the right?

You must be seeing what I’m seeing?

Fordnandez I’m not saying your wrong on what “you” saw. However for the individual behind the gun he is shooting at a different animal than what you were looking at.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post

I'm sorry, but if that is the exact screen the shooter was looking through while shooting at the animal on the right, I'd suggest holding off until you can better identify it. It sure does appear to be a "deer". Actually, I'm fairly certain that's a "deer".
        Last edited by Sackett; 03-26-2021, 05:51 AM.

Comment

AGM just sent me tracking for my Taipan TM15 .. sending me a brand new one! turnaround was 2 work week .. they received my defective Monday last week and shipped thursday ... Spoke to Todd , and he was awesome through the entire process . Can't say the same about sightmark , sent my wraith back in november for not holding zero.. and called them again yesterday , no ETA when they will even be getting them in ... they can't even tell me where I stand on their allocation list ... they said check back in a month... sightmark is part of salemark .. which is also pulsar ... so it's a big fat NO moving forward on getting another product from them ... in comparison my Trijicon Reap IR messed up once ... they sent me a return label , they emailed me when they received it, they emailed me with repair status, and they emailed me when they sent it back ... then they send me tracking info ...

Comment

That is not a coyote lol. If it was, it would be 4 feet tall

Hence why I said may wanna delete it. Night hunting after deer with a thermal in March, unless its a BB

If there is BB in the pasture, then there you have it

Comment

I just deleted it. If you guys think it than others will also so I took it down. Thanks for you honest feedback and I say that seroiusly, not being a smart ***.

Comment

well I just had a pucker moment ... , as i was watching the tracking number on my overnight thermal delivery from AGM, UPS just changed to delivered and signed by Tucker ... no thermal on my door and no tucker at my house, no one rang the door bell ... thanks ups ! you just delivered signature required to the wrong address and someone got an early christmas present ... no actually ... i went outside, and found it on my neighbor door steps .. they delivered to the wrong address and didn't even get signature or banged on their door, they just left it there ! idiots!

Comment

well, the new taipan TM15-384 is working great so far except for one thing , this one will not connect to my mac .. it loads the drive then automatically closes and says it was not ejected properly .. so not getting internal recordings out of it ..... however i took a tripod head and screwed it on to a plate to use on the window shelf of my blind and used the wifi out to my phone, it turned out great, with no apparent lag , I can dim my phone screen really low and the picture is actually better than looking through the viewfinder ... you can zoom in and zoom out instead of having to cycle through , same with changing back and forward to and from white hot black hot .. and record with just a press of a button instead of having to hold down the button on the unit for 4 seconds... once this is done , you can review the footage you want to keep , and download it to your iphone and it puts it in your pic folder ... i used it for 2 hours and battery stayed on full so it doesn't look like it's a drain hog either.. not to mention it didn't mess with my dilating my eyes and ruining my night vision like using the viewfinder ... all in all , pretty happy , aside from no longer working on my mac .. i'll find a pc to hook it up to, see if that works. that is all ...

Comment

I got some good use this past weekend from my Taipan 15-384 as well. This thing worked great especially driving around in the truck and spotting critters while moving. Saw a lot of bedded deer, Javis and even some turkeys on the roost. Amazing how those turkey birds lit up like christmas tree ornaments. Range was good too and could see animals well past 200 yds thru the trees and brush even in twilight.
                    AS for the Sighmark I was not so lucky. The illuminator that came with it failed miserably. A portion on the bulb element seemed to have burned out and all I could get were half lines of illumination on the target at 90 yards and then it started making a poping noise inside and flashed every few seconds. Batteries were fresh new Lithium 600mah.

I haven't tried to download any of the pics from the Taipan yet.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      I got some good use this past weekend from my Taipan 15-384 as well. This thing worked great especially driving around in the truck and spotting critters while moving. Saw a lot of bedded deer, Javis and even some turkeys on the roost. Amazing how those turkey birds lit up like christmas tree ornaments. Range was good too and could see animals well past 200 yds thru the trees and brush even in twilight.
                      AS for the Sighmark I was not so lucky. The illuminator that came with it failed miserably. A portion on the bulb element seemed to have burned out and all I could get were half lines of illumination on the target at 90 yards and then it started making a poping noise inside and flashed every few seconds. Batteries were fresh new Lithium 600mah.

I haven't tried to download any of the pics from the Taipan yet.
                      I just fixed my Taipan mac issue .. turns out there are 2 hidden folders that only show on a pc ... for a mac, it won't connect until the dcim folder exists, so take a video first, that creates the folder , once that is done , it works on a mac as well ... just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        I just fixed my Taipan mac issue .. turns out there are 2 hidden folders that only show on a pc ... for a mac, it won't connect until the dcim folder exists, so take a video first, that creates the folder , once that is done , it works on a mac as well ... just FYI.

Comment

Here's some sample pics from my Taipan. I noticed there is a white hot heat signature from the corn in the feeder. Thought that was pretty neat. The deer are at 100yds and the bull is at 70 yds. Didn't get any pics from the moving scans out the truck window. I can only remember to push so many buttons driving 20 mph but I sure can see a lot of things in da bushes with this gadget.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Black hot signature from corn in this feeder. Now all I have to do to check feeders is to scan with the Taipan. Never even get out da truck
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-29-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              Here's some sample pics from my Taipan. I noticed there is a white hot heat signature from the corn in the feeder. Thought that was pretty neat. The deer are at 100yds and the bull is at 70 yds. Didn't get any pics from the moving scans out the truck window. I can only remember to push so many buttons driving 20 mph but I sure can see a lot of things in da bushes with this gadget.
                              Pretty good.

I got to use my Rattler 25 this weekend. Have not gotten to pull the videos off of it yet though. I was really impressed for what I paid for it. Very happy with my purchase so far.

Comment

here is a quick video i just uploaded showing what you can do with the phone interface.. you can zoom in and out and switch white hot black hot without cycling through ... and it looks clearer than the viewfinder.. at least for my old eyes

you can see even the field mice 50 yards away

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8bvZ-dTJk&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]AGM Taipan T-vision software to iphone recording - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X