The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Anyone have any tips on why an AR-10 won’t cycle? Had 10-15 hogs in front of me last night and it only cycled one round [emoji2962]

Seriously debating looking into a mutant and make sure it’s built right from the get go. I’m afraid when I switched from a A2 stock it messing the cycling up on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    i can maybe help you .. ar10's aren't like ar15's. .. lots of non standard parts that may work on one and not the other ...

if you replaced the stock or buffer tube , you may have created issues .. or even wrong buffer as they look almost alike but are not...

first is put in an empty mag and charge it .. does the bolt catch engage and hold gun open ? if it doesn't you're short stroking buffer too long or tube too short ..

next if it held open, load one round ... fire , if bolt does not hold open , but buffer is the correct length, your buffer may be too heavy ... iv'e seen some guns with wrong springs as well , some are longer than others .. that would be hard to spot as there are no markings on them ...

if you know the parts you swapped , that would be the quickest way to see where you went wrong ... if you used ar 15 parts.. there is your problem already , those don't always or even work even though they look like they fit ...

ar10's are not "mil" specs all parts fit type animals , i've fixed 2 of them in the past , one of them being my PAS that came with the wrong buffer ... they had put an ar15 rifle buffer instead of an ar10 buffer (slightly shorter) ... would not hold open ... ran fine after that ...

hope that helps ... this is just my 2c...

Comment

Went to the range today with the Wraith 4K mounted on my M4 5.56 and did the one shot zero thing. Awesome feature and so easy to use. I shot some 55 gr soft points from Dallas Reloading and they did good at 100yds. After shooting and adjusting on 50 yard range I moved over to 100. First shot was high left and adjustment took only a few seconds then 5 more to see if it stays zeroed. Can't wait to get on some night creatures of the Swine variety.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Went to the range today with the Wraith 4K mounted on my M4 5.56 and did the one shot zero thing. Awesome feature and so easy to use. I shot some 55 gr soft points from Dallas Reloading and they did good at 100yds. After shooting and adjusting on 50 yard range I moved over to 100. First shot was high left and adjustment took only a few seconds then 5 more to see if it stays zeroed. Can't wait to get on some night creatures of the Swine variety.
        must be nice .. still waiting on mine ... been waiting since december

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          Anyone have any tips on why an AR-10 won’t cycle? Had 10-15 hogs in front of me last night and it only cycled one round [emoji2962]

Seriously debating looking into a mutant and make sure it’s built right from the get go. I’m afraid when I switched from a A2 stock it messing the cycling up on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Why I went with a 7.62, plus ammo costs. I ran an AR-10 for 2 years and never seemed to have the same issue. But man does an AR10 lay a pig down wherever you hit them

Got tired of tuning and having issues with my AR-10. Soometimes it would go several hunts no issues. Then several times more often then not it would jam

AR-10's are hard to supressed and finicky!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Yeah him and Estian Van Rooyen are two dang good IGs to follow. They’ve got the camera equipment and desire to put in the work to get some really great footage.
            YES! Very good info, videos, hunts, and informative info

That new IRAY is very intriguing, BUT i have not done any research on it yet. But the price point and video quality is incredible

Curious as to specs, warranty, housing, video out?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              YES! Very good info, videos, hunts, and informative info

That new IRAY is very intriguing, BUT i have not done any research on it yet. But the price point and video quality is incredible

Curious as to specs, warranty, housing, video out?
              Warranty is the best in the business, and that’s saying something with NVision and Pulsar being around. They haven’t released much in the way of specs for the RICO Alpha or Bolt yet. I believe the specs are out for the RICO MK1.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Warranty is the best in the business, and that’s saying something with NVision and Pulsar being around. They haven’t released much in the way of specs for the RICO Alpha or Bolt yet. I believe the specs are out for the RICO MK1.
                Yeah I seen that. 5 year warranty. Onboard recording. $5999 for that image quality is the best in the business.

The image almost looks too good to be true lol. Curious what maybe a negative about the scope?

Comment

From watching Jason and Hans’ review, sounds like the biggest issue with the MK1 is it is not compatible with Apple computers. You need a pc to get footage from the scope.

They did mention an app is coming that will be iOS compatible, but I haven’t seen anything about when it’ll be released.

They said it has the best image of any thermal when weather conditions are poor.

The scopes have unproven dependability and longevity. My fear is the warranty is so good because it needs to be.

I really wish someone would do a direct pros/cons comparison to the XG50. It’s tough to decipher without having your hands on both. Really depending on the retailers to give us clear feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by jofus View Post
                    From watching Jason and Hans’ review, sounds like the biggest issue with the MK1 is it is not compatible with Apple computers. You need a pc to get footage from the scope.

They did mention an app is coming that will be iOS compatible, but I haven’t seen anything about when it’ll be released.

They said it has the best image of any thermal when weather conditions are poor.

The scopes have unproven dependability and longevity. My fear is the warranty is so good because it needs to be.

I really wish someone would do a direct pros/cons comparison to the XG50. It’s tough to decipher without having your hands on both. Really depending on the retailers to give us clear feedback.
                    I disagree with your warranty statement. I think this will be the new industry standard that NVSION started. Everyone else will have to keep up. Its getting tighter and tighter.

This image quality blows away the XG50 and every other scope I seen.

Comment

I disagree with your warranty statement. I think this will be the new industry standard that NVSION started. Everyone else will have to keep up. Its getting tighter and tighter.

That’s fair, and I made less of a statement and more of a concern.

The flip side is that these guys are new to the game and needed to make a splash. That’s why I have one on order.

Comment

Here is the Mk1 spec sheet:

Comment

What makes their warranty best in the business is that it is not only a 5 year warranty but what Jason said on the show was that they will fix your scope in 5 business days of receipt of the scope or they will send you a new one. I think this is a direct response to all the negative feedback that is in the community caused by ATN taking forever to get warranty items taken care of.

I do agree that there shouldn't be a fear that the warranty is what it is because it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            What makes their warranty best in the business is that it is not only a 5 year warranty but what Jason said on the show was that they will fix your scope in 5 business days of receipt of the scope or they will send you a new one. I think this is a direct response to all the negative feedback that is in the community caused by ATN taking forever to get warranty items taken care of.

I do agree that there shouldn't be a fear that the warranty is what it is because it needs to be.
                            Now thats pretty sweet!

Well to your ATN, if someone is dumb enough to buy an ATN then thats on them

Comment

Now thats pretty sweet!

Well to your ATN, if someone is dumb enough to buy an ATN then thats on them
                              Lol I agree. I know there are a lot of guys that have had great success with them but there are also quite a few that have been left holding the bag also. I have a friend that has had nothing but issues with his.

I think ATN has really put a black eye on the thermal market and the warranties on the newer companies I think is a direct reflection of it. There is no telling how many folks have stopped looking into buying a thermal because they got a buddy that spent thousands of dollars on an ATN thermal and had issues with it only to never get it fixed.

Comment

One last thought on all the new optics coming out and some people are going to say this being to critical or picky but my opinion is that at these prices for the 640 units the consumer should be critical and picky. I really wish that one of these manufacturers would make a 640 12 micron unit with internal video recording that is a 2.5x base magnification. My 4x on my Flir 536 was waaaaay to much, the 2x on my XP50 is a little less than I wish it was and I feel like my buddies 3x on his XG cuts into the field of view just a little to much. I have watched some youtube video's of some older scopes that are 2.7x and 2.4x that seem to be just about perfect but they are not 640 12 micron. I just really feel like 2.5x would be the sweet spot but you always want what you cant have right?
                                Last edited by Fordnandez; 02-09-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X