Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I’m shooting for August. Just depends on how fast I get the group and money together and get it booked. It’s hard trying to get 10 guys to agree on dates, and then you have to get the dates you want. Last year I picked dates, paid the deposit myself and almost didn’t get enough people to go. Lots of people backed out. This year I’ll get deposits first.
    Been there done that.

We kicked around the idea of putting a trip together this year also. The Mrs wants to roll again

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Been there done that.

We kicked around the idea of putting a trip together this year also. The Mrs wants to roll again

If you need one more holler. I’ll go twice. Lol

Comment

If you need one more holler. I’ll go twice. Lol
        Couples trip?

Mayhem, blackfin and Mexico?

Mrs and I been talking about something good since it could last summer with the kiddo before college. But costa rica is on the radar as well

Comment

Couples trip?

Mrs and I been talking about something good since it could last summer with the kiddo before college. But costa rica is on the radar as well

I’m down. Only problem is Blackfin’s wife is pretty strict with him. Lol

Comment

This is way outta my realm..jsyk..Do you take the big boat out,and wade from the lil boats? I have been known to shoot feral hogs through the gut carrier as well..Beer doesn't stand a chance near me,and I will drink the last one without guilt.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              This is way outta my realm..jsyk..Do you take the big boat out,and wade from the lil boats? I have been known to shoot feral hogs through the gut carrier as well..Beer doesn't stand a chance near me,and I will drink the last one without guilt.

we drift fished from skiffs when I went, to many sharks to surf/wade fish on shore at that time. Went with the VI and captain Bobby recommended against it and it's their business to put you where the best fishing is. I think a lot depends on time of year and wind directions whether wading the surf or fishing grass by drift. I liked using drift sock on skiff to slow the drift and fish slower.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post

Yeah you take the big boat out and that’s your mothership. Sleep, eat, party there. You take the small boats and go do whatever you want. Some of our guys drifted, others waded. Guys wading easily out fished the guys drifting probably at least 4 to 1. Sharks are there, but I ain’t scared. We did drift in the evenings some trying to locate some reds but I prefer wading and we had better luck wading.

Comment

What does the big boat look like? Seems like an awesome trip!

Comment

I’m down. Only problem is Blackfin’s wife is pretty strict with him. Lol
                    It's easy to see why....[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                      What does the big boat look like? Seems like an awesome trip!
                      The one we went on, Compass Rose, was phenomenal! It used to belong to a middle eastern prince apparently. A quick google search for the compass rose should get you some pictures.

Comment

Awesome boat, I have spent the last hour reading/watching videos on this trip! Seems awesome, I had never even heard of the island chain!

Comment

Couples trip?

I’m sure I could figure out a way to make this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How many days is the trip? Sounds like a great time...

Comment

I’m in Phil.

Comment

what do you think would be the total cost for 3

Comment

Working...
                                X