The End of Cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    They could be receiving incentives from the cc companies to pay electronically.
    They aren’t, they are taking a 2-3% haircut with every transaction, employees may not be able to skim, but the payment processing companies are and everyone is good with it.

Comment

I rarely have more than $40 cash on me. Cash makes transactions take longer as well.

Comment

Yea we were at Rocking S bar on lake Lewisville and they said no cash because the managers were stealing money. I said ok can we tip in cash and waitress said yes, she did a great job so we tipped her 100% she came over after and was so grateful and said we made her day. She was working her butt off.

Comment

It kills me. Some places are cashless and then others charge a credit card usage fee of 3% when not paying cash or debit.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Bank of America told me that Credit Card Act of 09 made that illegal but can't find it.
            Not completely accurate, depending on the company situation and the state of operation you can still do this. I had to look into this recently for my company because a lot of clients are requesting to pay with CC however then the fees associated with accepting such pmts eat into your markup so if you are running on low margins you need to be able to recoup those costs somewhere. Whether through negotiating a markup change or if possible passing those costs through as a fee.

Comment

My how things change! When we took cards it was clearly outlined in black and white that we were not allowed to charge more for cc. With most our sales being internet when they came out with the chip they said we were no longer protected from fraud unless we used a chip reader. That's when we said no and now use the pay apps. Much easier for us too

Comment

They probably cannot count change.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  Drive everyone to use cards so you can be tracked. AND have your access to purchasing anything turned off if you are not a good little commie and get in line.
                  That’s exactly what will happen...

Comment

I pay cash for most everything but gas...bet if the grid or cc machines go down they will take it.

Comment

guess its going to come about somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                        Drive everyone to use cards so you can be tracked. AND have your access to purchasing anything turned off if you are not a good little commie and get in line.
                        Correct

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                          We shop at an Amish grocery store. Cash or check only.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          You were smart moving where you are located with neighbors like the Amish. That is if they still live like some of the old days.

Comment

They have to legally take cash if your paying off a debt, which includes paying for a hamburger that was ordered by you. They may not have any change to give back, but order more stuff to get as close as you can to make up the difference.

And I really dont think its quicker paying with a card compared to paying with cash...with all the stupid questions the card reader ask during the process. Cash back, recepiet, would you like to donate, are you a club member, the amount correct, would you like a car wash today etc etc

The longest part of paying with cash, is that most people working there cant count

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              They probably cannot count change.
                              Yep, when's the last time you had a clerk actually count back change? For example the total is $7.25 and you pay with a $10. The clerk gives you 3 quarters and two $1 bills saying - ".75 makes $8 and $2 makes 10$" That was once considered the only proper way - now they see what the register says and hand you a wad of bills and a handful of coins leaving you to figure out if it's right. Not a big deal of course but it annoys me. (GOF!)

Comment

The majority of hospitality bar/restaurant scams are done with credit cards so the no cash policy is garbage.

You just don't hear about it because no one wants the bad PR that it's not safe to use credit cards to pay there.

I think this is just another inconvenience to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X