Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PoPo had a good sit but didn’t shoot

Had 4 longbeards in the decoys but passed [emoji2371][emoji2359]

Same setup tomorrow morning and I’ll be with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

What was his reasoning this time? Didn't want the hunt to end so quick?

Comment

4 in the decoys is more longbeards than I’ve seen all season [emoji15]

Tomorrow’s not looking so hot. No toms on cam this week at one of our best turkey spots. Didn’t make it in time to hunt but listened this evening by a main roost area and didn’t hear a peep. Heard one gobble right at dark as far away as I could hear into the neighbors property. Cool, overcast, and 18 mph wind in the AM. Good! [emoji849]

Comment

Say what??

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            What was his reasoning this time? Didn't want the hunt to end so quick?

Lots and lots of excuses. We put the footage on the tv and they’re all solid birds.

No idea what he’s thinking [emoji2371]

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
              4 in the decoys is more longbeards than I’ve seen all season [emoji15]

Tomorrow’s not looking so hot. No toms on cam this week at one of our best turkey spots. Didn’t make it in time to hunt but listened this evening by a main roost area and didn’t hear a peep. Heard one gobble right at dark as far away as I could hear into the neighbors property. Cool, overcast, and 18 mph wind in the AM. Good! [emoji849]

****it man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                Say what??

No idea

It’ll be different in the morning!

Comment

Up and at it

We don’t have any service down in the hole we’re sitting in but I’ll update when we get back to camp

Comment

Up and at it

We don’t have any service down in the hole we’re sitting in but I’ll update when we get back to camp

Good luck this am! About to dive off into the creek bottom here too.

Comment

Had the hens come in but no longbeards. I snuck out but PoPo was gonna sit til noon or so

Comment

Even though he was covered up yesterday, PoPo wanted a change of scenery.

I think he picked a good spot

Comment

No dice for me this am. Heard the same bird I heard last night once on the roost. Got as close as I could on our side knowing he was deep into the neighbors, set up, and he only gobbled twice after that, each time further and further away. Cameras look like we’ve got lots of hens nesting. Not sure where the big boys are or why they’re not talking. Overcast, windy, and off and on drizzle showers this afternoon. Sitting in a blind this evening. 4.5 miles this am and only this deadhead to show for it.

Comment

Swing and a miss at 34 yards for me [emoji2371]

9 gobblers within 60 yards but none would commit to the spread

PoPo isn’t back yet. Still tryin to figure out why he didn’t shoot last night.

Tomorrow mornin is our last hunt. If we leave here without a bird, it’ll be comical.

Comment

PoPo messed up again

3 birds within 10 yards and no shot opp

I’m glad he’s getting this bad luck out before we head to the public ground

Comment

PoPo messed up again

3 birds within 10 yards and no shot opp

I’m glad he’s getting this bad luck out before we head to the public ground
                                Oh man that is brutal. How many days in the Lincoln? Are you doing bow/pop up or run and gun out there?

Comment

Working...
                                X