No announcement yet.

What is the right thing to do here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy him a gun for sure as a gift. RUGER 10/22 with a modestly priced scope. You will both be thrilled with that choice! Check for sales before you buy used. If you buy used, just clean it well and check the function first. Also. It takes minimal effort to refinish the wood stocks on these if it is damaged.

Comment

Ruger 10/22 a good scope, sighted in, a bunch of ”cheap” lead heads and a box of CCI mini mags for the hunt. Go shoot it together at a range before the hunt.

Hell, I don’t even know the guy, and with what you described about him, I want to buy him a 10/22 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        You sound more frugal than him. If he’s done that much for you then he deserves a good gun.

Get him a nice .22 with a scope. Sight in the gun, and take him hunting.
        I had to convince him spending $3 on a three-ring binder to keep all his college paperwork organized for the year was worth it. He contemplated it for like 10 minutes before I said, "dude it's $3 and you are going to use it for at least an entire year."

Comment

I re read my post and I see where it sounded like I was going to cheap. Oops.

I want something reliable and fun, and I was thinking the 10/22. Not to mention it should be everyone's first rifle haha. He doesn't need a $2,000 tactical 10/22 but I wanted to get him a **** good squirrel killer! Yall have helped me confirm the 10/22 would be a great choice. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            I had to convince him spending $3 on a three-ring binder to keep all his college paperwork organized for the year was worth it. He contemplated it for like 10 minutes before I said, "dude it's $3 and you are going to use it for at least an entire year."

That’s not frugal.. that’s a sickness![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Well, went ahead and picked him up a 10/22. He will be over on Halloween to "fix my computer that had a blue screen and now won't turn on." Haha instead I will surprise him with this.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that is bad***! Well done!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                  After you give him the rifle, do a little gun safety with him. Sometimes the sharpest crayons in the box aren’t the safest people outdoors.
                  X2, do this for sure. Gun safety is just part of the deal, go over this with your buddy. Buy the rifle, buy the ammo, pay the gun range fees, buy the targets, buy the ear and eye protection, etc., and make it a “package deal” for a good friend.

Comment

What a nice rifle, good going!

Comment

Well done. Everyone wins.

Comment

Well done, OP

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          Marlin model 60. Not too expensive and not a piece of junk.
                          My first thought as well--

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

I was going to recommend a tikka, but see he has one. Let us know how it plays out .

Comment

Well Done Sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X