• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks fantastic, nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
      I just don't know about raw duck.
      Put a band aid on it and it will be ready for flight again.

Comment

I usually cube them up and put in a slow cooker with wild rice and mushroom soup. Good Stuff!!

Comment

My cousin introduced me to the bacon wrapped duck last year. He soaks in teriyaki sauce for 24 hours. Then wraps them does a slice of jalapeno, onion, cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.

I might have to try this the next time I get some duck.

Comment

There are many ways to enjoy duck.

One tip that helps when you are breasting out birds (especially mallards, gadwall, etc.) is to butterfly the breasts. This will help in getting more of the blood out during the soaking process. If you're going to grill them (bacon wrapped) throw a sliver of cream cheese in the butterfly cut. You won't taste the cheese as it will cook out but it will keep the inside nice and moist.

Comment

My favorite way is to breast the bird, take a large Woden spoon and beat the hell out of it season to taste then throw the duck away and bake spoon on 350 for 10 minutes.

Comment

Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                  Great topic!! I started duck hunting this year and have really enjoyed myself. I even involved my two sons in the game. It's gonna be a long year waiting for the next season..

Most people i've talked to either do the bacon wrapped with cream cheese deal or even duck sausage.. I have yet to ample any of these. I've had curry duck at a Thai restaurant this week but no home cooked !!

I have a few Vietnamese friends that have expanded on Duck recipes!! I'll be trying a few over the next few weeks and will post a few pictures.

Ive had good duck at thai, vietnamese, and chinese restaurants. They know how to properly cook the bird. The french do too.

I have never had it wrapped in bacon or cream cheese, but then i rarely do that with dove.

Comment

What recipe is the bottom picture? It looks great?

Comment

If you want to grill it marinate in olive oil and brown sugar over night then wrap in bacon and grill. If you want it deep fried then marinate it in eagle brand milk and a dark beer overnight and then batter and fry. Both recipes take the game out and are rally good.

Comment

Duck can be delicious but it takes more effort and bacon grease than I'm willing to deal with on a regular basis.

Comment

I always ate it growing up. Don't duck hunt, so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

Duck and venison sausage gumbo

Comment

Working...
                            X