Over under shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over under shotgun

Looking to buy my cousin a nice over and under shot gun but know nothing about them. What's the best ones under 3k?

Browning citori, win 101, and my personal favorite for fit and balance is ruger red label. Make sure they have invector chokes. I'm sure there are others that fit your bill but I have personal experience with the 3 I mentioned.

Comment

Benelli makes some very nice OU.
      Beretta silver pigeon 2 or 3

There was a member with a Silver pigeon for sale not to long ago

Comment

I wouldn’t presume to tell you what brand, but make sure whatever you buy fits him. Shotguns are all about fit. For instance, I can shoot the heck out of a Citori Field Grade, but the Citori Sporting shoots too high. I can’t hit a bull in the azz with a Berretta, but a cheap Savage or Mossberg fits me well.

My best friend hunted doves with me for several years using a Remington 870 pump, he averaged about 3/5 birds per box of shells……really ! One day I badgered him into using my Beretta AL390 and he almost limited out with a little less than a box, and that was when the limit was 15. He bought one identical to mine and sold his 870 !

Can’t emphasize it enough…..FIT !

Comment

Yep, as mentioned above shotguns are all about fit. If your going to spend that kind of money you might want to take him somewhere he can shoot the gun and make sure it fits before buying.

Comment

Browning, Beretta, Ruger. Of those the Ruger fits me the best, make sure you get one with screw in chokes. Beretta Silver Pigeon I is good and can probably be bought new just under $2,000.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Yep, as mentioned above shotguns are all about fit. If your going to spend that kind of money you might want to take him somewhere he can shoot the gun and make sure it fits before buying.
              Great advice! I have a Beretta WhiteWing that I couldn’t shoot consistently with, you know the miss 5, hit 3, miss 4 or 5 etc. I finally took it to Briley’s in Houston and had it fitted, they took 1/4” off the pitch added a Kick Eze pad and my eye is right down the barrel every shot!

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                Great advice! I have a Beretta WhiteWing that I couldn’t shoot consistently with, you know the miss 5, hit 3, miss 4 or 5 etc. I finally took it to Briley’s in Houston and had it fitted, they took 1/4” off the pitch added a Kick Eze pad and my eye is right down the barrel every shot!
                Briley can bend your stock if it’s not off too much. I had them bend a stock on a Citori Sporting but could still not hit quite as well as my old Citori Field so I sold it. Everybody is built differently, what works for me might not work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  I wouldn’t presume to tell you what brand, but make sure whatever you buy fits him. Shotguns are all about fit. For instance, I can shoot the heck out of a Citori Field Grade, but the Citori Sporting shoots too high. I can’t hit a bull in the azz with a Berretta, but a cheap Savage or Mossberg fits me well.

My best friend hunted doves with me for several years using a Remington 870 pump, he averaged about 3/5 birds per box of shells……really ! One day I badgered him into using my Beretta AL390 and he almost limited out with a little less than a box, and that was when the limit was 15. He bought one identical to mine and sold his 870 !

Can’t emphasize it enough…..FIT !
                  Good info, I want to surprise him but I guess I need to make sure it fits him before I spend that kind of money

Comment

Originally posted by rconn View Post
                    Good info, I want to surprise him but I guess I need to make sure it fits him before I spend that kind of money
                    I bought my sbe II because I like how it shouldered over an a400

After buying I got to shoot both side by side. Guess which one I shot better

Comment

Working...
                    X