Vpa 3 blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vpa 3 blade

Anyone using the VPA 3 blade nom vented? Bought a pack last night. Looking forward to seeing how they fly.

I've shot the 150 grain VPA - really good penetration from a 50# longbow. Easy to sharpen as well.

Comment

I shoot the 200 grain heads. Killed lots of hogs, one deer and a couple bear with them. No complaints from here.

Comment

Love VPA's. I've shot them in all sorts of weights from recurves and longbows.

Comment

That is all I shoot! They don't come "Hunting Sharp" but will get there with a little work. And they are dang near indestructible in a hunting situation!

Comment

I think I'll be in the minority on this opinion, but I wasn't very impressed. I bought 3 to take on an elk hunt. Tested 1 out on a doe, the bloodtrail was very very poor. Granted, many variables can change that. The head was shaving sharp, took just a little work to get it there. Entrance was mid body height, exit was in the heart pocket, breaking the offside knuckle. The deer didn't go 60 yards, so in the respect it was successful. Hits like that with other heads have left some pretty wicked bloodtrails. My opinion, despite the no tracking situation, I wonder how a marginal hit blood trail would have been. I do 100% agree about their durability though

Comment

Assuming you're shooting a compound, I would look at the exodus full blades. They are all I shoot now. Very very sharp out of the box, pretty easy to resharpen, replacement blades available, and I have yet to break one after 4 or 5 years of shooting them

Comment

I use VPA 3 blade for my compound and VPA 2 blade for my recurve when i do hunt with it, thats all i hunt with, very easy to resharpen like folks have said, probably the toughest broadhead on the market IMO

Comment

Working...
                X