How Far is Your Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntnguide83 View Post
    2 hours currently to my east texas lease. Probably going to extend that next year to 4-5 hours to get on a real place. I am a firm believer now there are no deer in east tx
    Esp compared to central or south tx. Im happy if I see a deer in a sit. Other parts of the state you would see 25 when the feeder goes off. If I had to drive 2 hours I would certiaonly go south or west if I were you.

Comment

5.5 hours...Cypress to Sonora

Comment

24 miles from the front door to the front gate - I am sold on weekday hunting and don't have any desire to be gone for the whole weekend away from my family so I will stay close so I can just hunt and then head back home until both my boys are old enough for the whole family to enjoy staying at the deer lease for the whole weekend.
        Last edited by Codie; 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Mine is 12 mins from my house or the other is 25 mins from the house

Comment

2.5 hours

Comment

If you have big deer and decent price, then its worth it.

I gave up a lease 4 hours away when I started college because I thought it was too far and wouldn't be able to go. Wish I had that place back. I still wound up going almost every weekend when the lease was only 2.5 hours away during college.

Comment

I hunted a lease for quite a while that was almost 3 hours. I went down all but one weekend a month. Then I got married. That slowed me down to every other weekend.

Now I hunt a place that is 45-50 minutes from my driveway to parking my truck to walk in. I can run down for an evening hunt if I want or squeak out a hunt on a Sunday morning and make it back in time for church. I like being close but it eliminates the "all weekend" hunts where you can really get away.

Comment

Never had a lease less than 4 1/2 hours.

Comment

couple hundred yards across the creek and up the ladder. No longer than about a 5 min. walk

Comment

Originally posted by TheCracker View Post
                      Esp compared to central or south tx. Im happy if I see a deer in a sit. Other parts of the state you would see 25 when the feeder goes off. If I had to drive 2 hours I would certiaonly go south or west if I were you.
                      Bud I haven't seen a deer one since Nov.1st.!!

Comment

Two hours for me. That's close enough to make the occasional two-sit one nighter worth it. With my work and other responsibilities, if I leased 6-8 hours away I would only get 3 or so trips in a year. Sometimes I think that would be better in some ways - plan for a couple 4-5 day trips instead of hurrying out and back. It's harder to relax and enjoy myself when I'm only gone for 36 hours.

Comment

2- 2.5 hr drive for me

Comment

Mine is about five hours away. I usually plan fewer trips but stay longer.

Comment

2 minutes, 45 minutes , 1 1/2 hours, and 5 1/2 hours

Comment

3 1\2 hrs

Comment

Working...
                                X