Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Texas Drought Map.. West Texas is OK..Not really..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Drought Map.. West Texas is OK..Not really..

Looks Like west texas is OK...
    Attached Files

This weeks map will look a lot different. Tuesday(today) is the update map deadline for this Thursday's release.

Comment

We’re not in a drought, we’re in flood recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
        This weeks map will look a lot different. Tuesday(today) is the update map deadline for this Thursday's release.
        Not being a SA. What factors do they consider when deciding what is or isn't a drought? Is it rain totals, aquafer totals, lake levels, etc.

Comment

Burnet has had 1” since last week. Welcomed but not a drought buster.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            Same at my place, but 5 miles to the south along the Brazos and Little Rivers they've gotten a lot of rain over the last week. Nearly every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
              In Caddo Mills (northeast Texas hunt county) we got 1 and 4/10 of an inch. Not far from us in basically every direction people got several times that much. It was weird. It was a welcome rain but we could use some more.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                In Caddo Mills (northeast Texas hunt county) we got 1 and 4/10 of an inch. Not far from us in basically every direction people got several times that much. It was weird. It was a welcome rain but we could use some more.
                Same here in western young county. Got an inch & a half. Couple miles away 3 + inches in every direction.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  I think most are ignoring your post LOL

Comment

maybe my humor is being missed.. If you look at the map it looks like a hand with the "OK" wrist is on the New Mexico Line. Maybe Brady in the "circle"

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      That's okay, happens a lot these days. Just the way life goes sometimes, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by js4242 View Post
                        Not being a SA. What factors do they consider when deciding what is or isn't a drought? Is it rain totals, aquafer totals, lake levels, etc.
                        Mostly precipitation and the amount of moisture in soil samples I think is the main measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Definitely understand his post and wasn't ignoring it. The map will definitely look a lot better overall for sure. Just a few people are saying it didn't rain everywhere and that we are still needing rain in spots. I definitely need more rain.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                            maybe my humor is being missed.. If you look at the map it looks like a hand with the "OK" wrist is on the New Mexico Line. Maybe Brady in the "circle"
                            That has been redefined as a white power symbol now. How dare you

Comment

My 4-5" projection in eastland county ended up with 1/2"

Comment

Working...
                              X