Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    Skeet Practice

[emoji3516]...wouldn’t tolerate that over my place. I’d follow them sumbitches “home” and gladly spend a night in jail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      [emoji3516]...wouldn’t tolerate that over my place. I’d follow them sumbitches “home” and gladly spend a night in jail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think following them will be my next exercise.

Comment

Probably my old neighbor. ��

Comment

Shoot one down and you will find out pretty quick who is flying them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            If they are flying that often and in the evening, does not sound like the appraisal district. In the county we are in, the appraisal district flies a air plane, don't know if they contract someone or if they own the plane. It's the same plane every year. It flies back and forth all day for days. They obviously have cameras in the plan and are taking pictures in rows. So they are flying back and forth. They also fly in the winter, I don't remember if they are flying in December or January. But they fly the whole county in about a week, maybe a bit longer. They fly during the winter so there are no leaves on the trees. When you find areal photos of areas, and the trees don't have leaves and the grass is all dead, those are probably county appraisal district pictures.

When my son first got his pilot license, he worked for a mapping company that was contracted to Apple and Google. They would fly like you describe over towns and larger cities. The more rural areas were done with satellites.

Comment

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I can chime in, but I believe it is illegal in the US to fly a drone that leaves line of sight. Therefore, whomever it is should be in the vicinity if it is being flown commercially. Otherwise it is just some knucklehead flying his/her new toy around.

Comment

I could be someone practicing.
                Our city has a guy that works with the FD and PD during different events.
                Search for lost person, tornado survey, or any other emergency event where he could be handy. There are a lot of folks these days getting into the commercial drone business.
                I know he can pre program it to fly a grid for a search scenario

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I could be someone practicing.
                  Our city has a guy that works with the FD and PD during different events.
                  Search for lost person, tornado survey, or any other emergency event where he could be handy. There are a lot of folks these days getting into the commercial drone business.
                  I know he can pre program it to fly a grid for a search scenario

Wonder how to get in that business field? Really wanting to find something else to do for my main job.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                    Wonder how to get in that business field? Really wanting to find something else to do for my main job.
                    1st get a really good drone
                    2nd get really good with said drone
                    3rd get a commercial drone pilots license ( search FAA site )
                    4 find customers
                    I do thing it would be a good career in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                      I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I can chime in, but I believe it is illegal in the US to fly a drone that leaves line of sight. Therefore, whomever it is should be in the vicinity if it is being flown commercially. Otherwise it is just some knucklehead flying his/her new toy around.
                      This

If it were to crash or some kid shot it down, the registration number should be on the drone.
                      Last edited by wellingtontx; 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all that have responded with ideas and thoughts on this. I'll keep an eye out and try to get numbers off one of them. If I ever find out who's operating them I'll update you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                          That's only for us common folks. My drone is registered as a non-commercial drone so I do not need a license to fly but must stay within line of sight. Commercial guys with a commercial license to fly do not have to stay within line of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                            That's only for us common folks. My drone is registered as a non-commercial drone so I do not need a license to fly but must stay within line of sight. Commercial guys with a commercial license to fly do not have to stay within line of sight.
                            Not true. FAA 107 info here:

Operating Requirements
                            Just as there are rules of the road when driving a car, there are rules of the sky when operating a drone.

Always avoid manned aircraft.
                            Never operate in a careless or reckless manner.
                            Keep your drone within sight. If you use First Person View or similar technology, you must have a visual observer always keep your drone within unaided sight (for example, no binoculars).
                            You cannot be a pilot or visual observer for more than one drone operation at a time.
                            Do not fly a drone over people unless they are directly participating in the operation.
                            Do not operate your drone from a moving vehicle or aircraft unless you are flying your drone over a sparsely populated area and it does not involve the transportation of property for compensation or hire.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                              Not true, I have a license and I have to have line of sight at all times. That said, it does not actually have to be me that can see it, I can have a spotter/s that communicates with me on its actions.

Comment

i would imagine commercial drones would have remote id broadcast modules ... id fire up flightradar and see if they show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X