X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 hrs. I don't mind the drive though

Comment

Comment

Last lease was 4-4 1/2 hours. Went about twice a month. Now I'm not hunting this season for lack of time and money. Not seeing getting back on a lease that's over 3 hours out.

Comment

Originally posted by Maroon Blade View Post
          Are you planning on going quite a bit? 5 hrs isn't too far but it's a looooooong way when you're a college student.....
          +1

From our house in Dallas, it's only a 1.5 hour drive which is nice. But from A&M with a stop by home for equipment, etc it's 5 hours bare minimum. Leaving right after class on Fridays, I won't roll into camp until 7 or 8. And there isn't a practical way to hunt Sunday morning if I actually plan on shooting, tracking, and gutting something before driving home. I've only been up there three times this season, the fuel money just isn't worth one day of hunting.

If your job allows you to take off a couple days now and then and you can spare the time, I would say go for it. But five hours is what, 350 miles give or take? If your truck gets 20 mpg and gas is $3.25 a gallon, that's $114 round trip. If you make very many trips, that's a lot of money that could be put toward a more expensive lease closer to home.

I personally wouldn't lease a place that's 5 hours from home. But many people do, so it must be worth it to a lot of people.

Comment

mine is 2 hrs... not bad... I would never do 5 hrs... I would never get to hunt... hard enough at just 2 hrs...

Comment

306 miles door to door.

Comment

Base your decision on the game and year round hunting / use opportunity.

Lucky to have deer, pigs, turkey, coyotes, bobcat, fox, rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, dove, and ducks, to go with the fishing, swimming, bird watching, Indian heads, camp fires, and great outdoors, in a year round camp. Makes it even better with it being 1 1/2 hrs door to door, but I would drive further if needed.

Comment

5 hrs on the dot with one pit stop

Comment

2 hours and some change from front door to the gate. I don't make it out every weekend but do make it out every other weekend. A buddy of mine is on my lease as well so we generally go up together and split the cost. When I was single and not married I was out every weekend, now those days seem so long ago...haha

I do however make some day trips and i'll leave at 3:30am and come back after the evening hunt. i usually go out about 25-30 days during the season

Comment

4 1/2 hours.... the first drive isn't bad. it is the drive back that will get you. All is OK if their is a big buck in the bed or your truck!!! I have been almost every weekend since season started, and it's starting to get a little expensive.

Comment

Both leases right at 3 hours, gone every weekend for 7 straight weeks.

Comment

Texas...one of the few places where distance is measured in time...ours is 3 1/2 hours away.

Comment

1 hr 15 min from front door to bottom of my tree. 2-3 time a month.

Comment

55 minutes doing the speed limit

Comment

6 hours. Caddo Mills to Harper. I leave work on Friday after work and than take Mondays off. Works out ok.

-john

Comment

Working...
                                X