No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK and Granbury both releasing around 9k now. And it looks like more rain today and tomorrow too, so W is definitely filling up

Comment

Wow, Granbury just increased their release to 14k.

Comment

Originally posted by roadscholar View Post
        Wow, Granbury just increased their release to 14k.
        Yep. Narrow flood plain. They always have to release more than PK to keep from flooding.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

PK releasing 8,842 cfs at the moment. Grandbury is releasing 14,139 cfs at the moment.

W lake currently sits at 1.44 feet below normal. It has come up .28 feet in the last 24 hours to date. Normal release, or I should say leakage, of 25 cfs remains. I expect it should really start to rise tomorrow, maybe late. At least by Sunday. The river will have a higher rise than the main lake. And at a faster rate being it is narrower than the main lake. If you are boating, beware of debris in the river. And in the main lake. There may and most likely will be log jams, or a flow of log jams, in the river.

A lake has come up also. It sits at .17 feet above normal. Nothing being released. Should be good blue catfishing!
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-30-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            PK releasing 8,842 cfs at the moment. Grandbury is releasing 14,139 cfs at the moment.

W lake currently sits at 1.44 feet below normal. It has come up .28 feet in the last 24 hours to date. Normal release, or I should say leakage, of 25 cfs remains. I expect it should really start to rise tomorrow, maybe late. At least by Sunday. The river will have a higher rise than the main lake. And at a faster rate being it is narrower than the main lake. If you are boating, beware of debris in the river. And in the main lake. There may and most likely will be log jams, or a flow of log jams, in the river.

The lake/River is trashed today. Had to idle through a couple spots due to all the debris. Water is rising fast too. Almost had to take my shoes off on the dock when I got back in, probably went up an inch or two in the few hours I was out.
            I sure hope it doesn’t get much worse and cause ramp closures.

Comment

Seems that the ACE district sight is having trouble with it's live update on data for the W lake. It has not changed in the last 48 hours.

But.... I have found some data to indicate that the W lake is .54 feet above normal as of 8:15 this morning.

A lake data has not changed either on the District website. Again, I found data from a different web sight to indicate it is .59 feet above normal as of 8:30 this morning.

This is really strange. Because the data for both Grandbury and PK has been updated on the district web sight. I've been watching the fluctuations in lake levels on both of those lakes due to the gate releases (outgoing) and incoming flows.

Comment

Just by looking at it when I launched this morning, I would guess it went up 4-6” overnight. Only got a small drum this morning, moving now to see if I can find fish elsewhere.

Comment

Finally! ACE updated the data.

PK is releasing about the same: 8842 cfs

Grandbury as increased it's release rate to 15,569 cfs.

W lake has risen 1.35 feet in the last 24 hours. And sits at 1.08 feet above normal.

A lake has risen .22 feet in the last 24 hours. And currently sits at .69 feet above normal.

Comment

Probably delayed the data update trying to keep all the walkways from going underwater. They came and adjusted them at least twice today. The crappie bite was tough, scattered and roaming. If anyone wants to bowfish, now is the time. Gar, carp and buffalo everywhere in the shallows. Saw some monsters the last couple days.

Comment

PK has cut it's water release back to 683 cfs. Grandbury has followed suit to cut it's water release back to 7,196 cfs.

W lake is 2.04 feet above normal. And with the water releases from the above lakes, will continue to rise at present.

A lake is .75 feet above normal. Yall should go get after them blues and channels right now on this lake!

Comment

Tons of water headed into W now. I got a text alert on my phone this morning that the Nolan at Blum was flowing at 7,370 cfs.
                        Hope we don't end up with ramps closed, but I'm afraid that's where it's headed.

Comment

Hope all of you made it thru yesterday's weather with no problems.

Comment

PK still releasing 683 cfs. Grandbury has reduced it's outflow to 2653 cfs.

W lake has begun releasing some water at 4433 cfs. And sits at 2.78 feet above normal. With the water release, now would be a good time to go below the dam and fish the catwalk on the office side. Cats will be prowling for shad in there.

A lake sits at 1.13 feet above normal. It has come up .39 feet in the last 24 hours to date. And is releasing 158 cfs.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-04-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

All good here Storm. Back yard is a little flooded again. Hope yall are doing alright.

Comment

Not too windy today, so I think I'll get the boat out. Should be plenty of shad up in the newly-flooded vegetation.

Comment

Working...
                                X