UPS destroying firearms related shipments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    Yes. But if they are restricting a LEGAL item(refusing to do business with). Remember the cake maker who was forced to make a gay wedding cake? He didn't agree...but he had to make the cake.
    Then, it is not going off the deep end. It is another infringement because they don't like what you like. Freedom is for EVERYONE. Not just those on your side.
    Don't take this for gospel, but my friend says it's a suit in that local area being a ****, and he doesn't think it will stand.
    He said Scheels & Brownells are huge accounts, and if they stop delivering for Brownells they have to stop delivering for Scheels.
    Brownells is about 30 miles east of the Scheels though and falls under a different hub management, which is where he thinks the problem lies, because they are still delivering all the same stuff to Scheels.
    He's gonna ask around today and let me know what he finds out.

He's

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      They do not however have the right to destroy property that isn’t theirs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They may if that is something Ghost agreed to as a term of service.
      This is a contractual dispute between private parties.
      The talk about civil rights and infringement (not you) is sorely uninformed.
      I don’t agree with UPS actions, but I do adamantly defend the rights of private business owners to operate as they see fit (within the law, obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Pretty simple to me. Companies have the right to do business however they see fit. You have the right to do or not do business with whoever you choose.
        Explain how the Christian baker was forced to make a Gay themed wedding cake they objected to. I am basing my opinion on that case. If you are open to the public...You are open to the public. Not just the people you agree with.
        Correct me please if I am wrong.

Comment

I see a heck of a national opportunity for a group of someones starting a shipping company for firearms.

Comment

Explain how the Christian baker was forced to make a Gay themed wedding cake they objected to. I am basing my opinion on that case. If you are open to the public...You are open to the public. Not just the people you agree with.
            When the government gets involved all bets are off.

Comment

How would you UPS fanboys feel if somebody accepted a shipment of your product and decided to destroy it? Don’t accept it if you’re not gonna do your job and deliver the product.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                They do not however have the right to destroy property that isn’t theirs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  How would you UPS fanboys feel if somebody accepted a shipment of your product and decided to destroy it? Don’t accept it if you’re not gonna do your job and deliver the product.
                  Agreed. Big difference than gay cake people.

Comment

Your wrong.. They were not forced to make the cake.
                    Do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      Your wrong.. They were not forced to make the cake.

Do some research.
                      Correct.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent back my Strikeman last week. We have an account at a UPS store. Tried to send it back thru them. He asked what was in it. I explained it was an indoor range system, plastic paper and a laser. Was told he couldn’t ship it because it had gun parts in it and he wasn’t train how to handle them. However it was shipped to me thru UPS. Said it’s not different than a laser pen, didn’t matter. Went to a different store showed him what was in it and he had no problem with it. Package made it to its destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                          They may if that is something Ghost agreed to as a term of service.
                          This is a contractual dispute between private parties.
                          The talk about civil rights and infringement (not you) is sorely uninformed.
                          I don’t agree with UPS actions, but I do adamantly defend the rights of private business owners to operate as they see fit (within the law, obviously).
                          Do you think Ghost actually agreed to a contract to ship that includes a provision that UPS can, at their discretion, refuse to deliver the components and destroy the same?

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                            Sent back my Strikeman last week. We have an account at a UPS store. Tried to send it back thru them. He asked what was in it. I explained it was an indoor range system, plastic paper and a laser. Was told he couldn’t ship it because it had gun parts in it and he wasn’t train how to handle them. However it was shipped to me thru UPS. Said it’s not different than a laser pen, didn’t matter. Went to a different store showed him what was in it and he had no problem with it. Package made it to its destination.

Why didnt u just say, none of your business?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                              Why didnt u just say, none of your business?

I’m pretty sure the UPS STORE is a chain and the owners are anti gun!

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post

This is the problem, the rules seem to be subjective
                                A whole bunch of BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X