Planting a Church in Livingston!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planting a Church in Livingston!

I can finally share what has been a matter of prayer and waiting for the last 2+ years. We will be planting a Livingston Campus of the Key Life Fellowship main Campus in New Caney. We have been serving there since 2010 and I was on staff there for 6 plus years as a Youth Pastor. After moving up to Livingston about 5 years ago, God began to birth a desire in my heart to plant a church here to see God do the same thing here that He did in New Caney. We researched and visited many existing churches up here but were underwhelmed and it only reinforced what I was feeling led to do. My Pastor and I began to pray together about this over 2 years ago and it started as a Sunday evening home Bible Study in my home in 2021. It has grown tremendously and can no longer be held in a home. We decided as a church back in March that instead of me doing this independently, KLF would help us in this work and plant a Livingston Campus of KLF where I would Pastor. We began to look for spaces which was a challenge with limited options in this town. We just trusted that the right thing would pop up and it did. We probably won't officially sign the lease until next week. We will be leasing part of a building with the option to purchase the whole building down the road as we grow. I hope the renovations don't take much more than a month but we'll see. I have felt like a huge part of my life has been missing since stepping down from full-time ministry in 2017. We are extremely excited about what God is doing and what He will do in Livingston. Please pray for us as we step out on faith and watch God do something great in our hometown!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220628-124632_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	25284886

That's awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Best of luck. God will provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome. I have visited the New Caney campus in the past. I pray that God blesses the new church and reaches the community effectively.

Comment

Praise the Lord Josh!! I know that you and Him been workin' on this for a while!! Patience is indeed a gift from God that can be a burden at times. Sure glad to see this posted! You sir, just keep right on serving Him and He will provide. You going to keep your day job for now?
          I will be praying for wisdom and strength for you as you lead God's church. Just keep Him first and you'll be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Praise the Lord Josh!! I know that you and Him been workin' on this for a while!! Patience is indeed a gift from God that can be a burden at times. Sure glad to see this posted! You sir, just keep right on serving Him and He will provide. You going to keep your day job for now?
            I will be praying for wisdom and strength for you as you lead God's church. Just keep Him first and you'll be fine!
            Yes sir Charlie. It certainly has been a matter of patience and prayer. I will continue to run the business and will be bi-vocational for a while... as long as I'm able to do both without ministry suffering. When we grow to the point where I can't do both well, I will step away from building pools and turn it completely over to my partner.

Comment

Sharing with my brother and his wife that are new to Goodrich/Livingston area.

Comment

Good stuff Josh!!!! God bless this new endeavor. I know the people in Livingston will be glad to have you. Keep us posted, I’d like to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                  Sharing with my brother and his wife that are new to Goodrich/Livingston area.
                  Thank you. We'd love to have them.

Comment

Congrats brother. That definitely is no small feat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you for discerning and following your call.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that is fantastic news. I will pray for you guys to plant the seeds needed for your area. I am excited for you.

Comment

Josh this is Awesome news! I am excited for you and Keylife! I spent 30 mins talking to Kirk and Brandy at academy the other day and just absolutely love those people. I know great things are on the horizon

Comment

That’s awesome news Josh. Where is the location that y’all have secured?

Comment

Outstanding

Comment

Working...
                              X