Swing gate openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet looking entrance bud.

I installed an Apollo solar panel six years ago and have not had any issues, only had to replace the battery about a year ago but there was a wiring deficiency that was from mice. Neighbor is on his third Mule (warrantied I don’t know) in under 5 years but he has huge amount of traffic in and out with his boys and their friends/horse trailers and being a party place for the younguns.

Comment

Not a big fan of liftmaster Solar operated… if you can swing it, run power and it will save you some headache in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Apollo and other then it randomly changing the close throw and leaving a gap you can walk through it has worked well. On my 2nd battery in 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've installed gate openers for around 35 years and always went with Apollo. When Nice took over, problems started and retrips became common. Went with the Patriot and have never had another problem. I have them on both my own gates and highly recommend them.

Be sure to put in a gell cell battery, even a cheap one, as no one ever thinks to check the acid in their gate opener battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            5 years ago.
            I thought so as mentioned , they changed hands about a year ago and they are different now! I almost went with one last year but found out they aren’t what they used to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              I thought so as mentioned , they changed hands about a year ago and they are different now! I almost went with one last year but found out they aren’t what they used to be!
              That’s too bad. It seems that when somebody has something that works well they have to screw things up and go down hill.

Comment

They have something that works then cash out by selling to a bigger company that isn’t always aligned or concerned about the values or quality control of the smaller company.

I can’t blame someone for cashing in, but it doesn’t often seem to work out too well for the consumer.

Comment

I have been fighting with Ghost control for some time. My opener requires adjustment from time to time. They claim my mounting points are loose and that it is not their motor that gets out of adjustment. The problem with that is my mounting points are welded. It is a mediocre product that might be ok for a light tube gate. I am replacing the ghost control with an Nice

Comment

For y'all that bought Patriot...where did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      For y'all that bought Patriot...where did you buy?
                      American Fence and Supply in Georgetown Texas, which is a little far for you. They have been top notch on customer service and have folks that are very helpful and knowledgeable on the products they sell.

Comment

Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-11-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          Gatecrafters.com
                          Excellent customer service and techs
                          GateCrafters.com carries every brand of Do-It-Yourself gate openers. From Estate Swing, LiftMaster, Apollo, US Automatic,GTO/Linear to Mighty Mule. All gate needs: Single or dual, swing or sliding gate openers, custom driveway gates.Experienced technical and installation support 7 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by greenflag View Post
                            I have been fighting with Ghost control for some time. My opener requires adjustment from time to time. They claim my mounting points are loose and that it is not their motor that gets out of adjustment. The problem with that is my mounting points are welded. It is a mediocre product that might be ok for a light tube gate. I am replacing the ghost control with an Nice

I had the exact problem with my ghost. When the guy built the gate he welded the mounting brackets. After a few weeks of fighting with it I cut them off and drilled/tapped for mounting bolts. Solved all my problems. I’ve had mine for about 13 months and don’t have any complaints since I fixed the mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                              I had the exact problem with my ghost. When the guy built the gate he welded the mounting brackets. After a few weeks of fighting with it I cut them off and drilled/tapped for mounting bolts. Solved all my problems. I’ve had mine for about 13 months and don’t have any complaints since I fixed the mounts.
                              Watch the motor end where the pin goes through( at the post bracket). The brass eye has wallowed out on mine. I’m giving up on this brand. I bought it because I saw several neighbors with might mule arms hanging because they quit working. I thought I was buying a better product.
                              Last edited by greenflag; 06-11-2022, 02:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I've had horrible luck with Liftmaster and their customer service flat out sucks. I installed a NICE / Apollo 3 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat since.

Comment

Working...
                                X