No announcement yet.

Swing gate openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple Apollo openers with solar panels and interstate batterys have been going strong for a couple years for us.

Comment

I had an Apollo that lasted for 18 years. I just replaced the arm, transmitter, remote key pad and motherboard. I just installed a Patriot for a friend and so far I have heard no complaints from him. I’ve got a buddy that has a mighty mule and he works on it quite a bit replacing items.

Comment

Apollo hands down.

Comment

Hey have 2 Mighty Mules on our residential iron gates. The bottom 18" of the gates have metal covering. During last two hurricanes, wind (100+ mph) pushed them open about 30" and bent some of the hardware. I was able to fix the components myself. MM also has good customer service in case you need help resetting or have problems.

Nice workmanship on the gate

Comment

I guess it’s hit or miss on mighty mule. Mine was JUNK! Driving down the road I see quite a few mighty mules but most have been disconnected from the gate…

Comment

I second the vote for Apollo. Installed 3 of them in the last 2-3 years and they have been great

Comment

I’ve been in the access/fencing industry for 20+ years, when Apollo and HySecurity merged The company NICE was formed. With that being said they took the expertise of Hysecurity and Apollos engineers and built the Titan…. By far hands down one of the best solar Linear actuators born. Spend the money once and you won’t be disappointed.

Comment

I currently have a US Automatic Patriot running on solar. It's been great. Opens quick, and was a breeze for me to install. From the time I opened the box, I had it going in about half a day.

Before that I had a Apollo 1550. The Nice version. It was nothing but trouble. Constant headache, and installation took me about 3 days. Instructions weren't worth a flip. Some like them as you can see from comments here, but I had a bad experience.

On another note, I just tried to order another US Automatic Patriot for a friends install, but they are about 2 months out on delivery because of parts shortages. I opted for the US Automatic Ranger HD, with a galvanized box instead of plastic. This will also be a solar setup, with wireless keypads for entry & exit of guests.
                  Last edited by Palmetto; 06-10-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I’ve liked apollo for years for solar gates. But with the requirements of safety features now they changed the boards up and I’m not as big of a fan anymore. It might have something to do with Apollo be run by the Yankees now at High Security. I’d recommend a us automatic patriot, but they do make a smaller option for the smaller gates now. I can’t speak for the smaller option, never installed one.

Comment

I've been using mighty mule for over 20 years. They last 8-10 years for me unless something happens. Something always pushing on it or lighting is what got two of mine. I have several.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                        I’ve liked apollo for years for solar gates. But with the requirements of safety features now they changed the boards up and I’m not as big of a fan anymore. It might have something to do with Apollo be run by the Yankees now at High Security. I’d recommend a us automatic patriot, but they do make a smaller option for the smaller gates now. I can’t speak for the smaller option, never installed one.
                        All new operators are required to meet new UL safety standards, so in turn you are required to have entrapment devices installed which do make you have problems. But a little quick side note they can be jumped with a 10k resistor which run less that $2.00.

Comment

Patriot and Apallo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't matter what brand of opener you get, you will need a lot more sun light to charge the battery than is shown in the picture!

Comment

I have the Apallo/Nice 1050 with the Titan actuator. Been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Save yourself the Hassel and don't get a mighty mule. I know some have good luck but a large percent of people (me included) have/had bad luck with them

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X