Swing gate openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing gate openers

Recently built a new gate entrance. Looking at a gate openers.
    What is best bang for your buck and problem free. I've seen the following.
    Liftmaster
    Ghost
    Apollo
    Mighty mule
    What are yall running gonna have to be solar/ battery I dont have power ran to gate.
    Attached Files

Following

Comment

My daughter has used a mighty mule for years trouble free except when someone forced the gate open. But her gate is nowhere near as heavy as yours.

Comment

I have the mighty mule and no problems so far.

Comment

I have a Appollo (Nice) and it's been trouble free for 9 years now. Mine it the 1600 solar powered with a marine Duracell battery I bought from Batteries Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin6.7 View Post
            I have a Appollo (Nice) and it's been trouble free for 9 years now. Mine it the 1600 solar powered with a marine Duracell battery I bought from Batteries Plus.
            We ran a mighty mule for a while and it was only trouble. Switched to the NICE brand, previously Appollo, and it is amazing. Trouble free since day one. They are no longer ;made in Texas but the customer service and support are top notch.

Comment

Patriot! Make sure you get a good quality battery!

Comment

I have my mighty mule going for 2 years and have not had any issues. Even with my knuckle head kids and nephews climbing over half the time when its closed. I have it on a 16' galvanized wire filled gate.

Mighty Mule Heavy-Duty Single Rancher Solar Panel Gate Opener Kit, Compatible with Gates up 18 Feet Long or 850 Pounds, RSCK571W

Comment

I have mighty mule and no problems for 3 yrs now. I'm sure the other brands are better in ways but as far as bang for your buck- under 1K for gate, (2) 6" post, gate opener, battery, battery box, solar panel, and extra remotes. Its hard to beat that, and the off brand remotes on amazon are half price and have a longer range than the mighty mule remotes FYI. I got everything at tractor supply and installed in no time. With your set up I'm guessing you will weld on? If that's the case you're talking less than an hour of work

Comment

I think the mighty mule opens and closes very slowly compared to others- not a deal breaker though

Comment

I ran the Mighty Mule for about 10 years with very little trouble. I was satisfied with it but it finally died and after reading all the bad reviews on line about the Mule I decided to upgrade to the Apollo / Nice. The Nice was a little difficult to get set up but once done it’s been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        I ran the Mighty Mule for about 10 years with very little trouble. I was satisfied with it but it finally died and after reading all the bad reviews on line about the Mule I decided to upgrade to the Apollo / Nice. The Nice was a little difficult to get set up but once done it’s been great.
                        How long ago did you install the Apollo ?

Comment

I have in operation 2 USAutomatics, a might Mule and a Ghost.

Ghost is the newest but so far the most trouble free. If it keeps up ill be going to all Ghost as the problems persist. I have the standard model. May try one of the Premiums next.

But so far all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            How long ago did you install the Apollo ?
                            5 years ago.

Comment

I've been running mighty mule for years on lightweight gates with no issues. I have the smart controller that I can open with my phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X