No announcement yet.

James Daughtry Lodging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryno Lodge for the best stay in considering accommodation, price and location.

Tilden Lodge for cheap, no frills, and location.

Both have all you need- but beware Tilden Lodge may put you in a room with light bulbs out, no heater, no oven or small fridge- tell the man at the front desk, Sam, you want all of those things in your room. Have stayed there for about 3 weeks accumulatively. Bring your own cook pans, or items to bake makes an easy quick no hassle meal- pizza, premade meals from Sam’s or HEB, even soups.

My favorite part is hunting down there is Agave Jalisco in Tilden, which is better than the Three Rivers locations.. fantastic food, dirt cheap and big portions. Notable items- Big Texas Breakfast or Carne Guisada & eggs breakfast, Jalisco Quesadillas or street tacos, & Barbacoa.

The state park cabins would be likely for fun for “camping” they boys can see some wildlife mid day or at night, have a fire and do marshmallows and s’mores. Grille out! Gotta bring your own gear from bedding to cookware. Tent camping without the tent pretty much.

Ice machine at Tilden is the cheapest ice. Don’t buy corn at gas station for $16 a bag, get it at the feed store south end of town or bring it.

No UTVs. 10ply tires would certainly help but it’s maintained. You should be fine. I hunted there 19 yrs ago on a youth hunt when I was 16. That’s what got me addicted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Choke Canyon Lodge is by far the best place to stay in the area. They're really nice people, and it's a quality place. The Down side is that there are a lot of bass tourneys that time of year, and you need to reserve in advance.
      If you stay there be sure to call ahead and tell them to unplug all the scented plugins, I stayed there and my camo reeked of Lavender something or other and ruined my bowhunt there. Whoever prepares those rooms must have little to no sense of smell the fragance smells were STRONG in the rooms.

Comment

Tagged for spring turkey

Comment

Another vote for Choke Canyon Lodge.

Comment

Must be a tourney, most of the good ones were booked already. Ended up renting a cabin in the state park, close to a restroom. It’s ways to the unit, but Javi hunt should be fairly laid back. Don’t see getting there 45 minutes before daylight, just paint the road’s yellow and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
              Must be a tourney, most of the good ones were booked already. Ended up renting a cabin in the state park, close to a restroom. It’s ways to the unit, but Javi hunt should be fairly laid back. Don’t see getting there 45 minutes before daylight, just paint the road’s yellow and wait.

We had thought about trying for standby (about 50/50 on it). I sure hate to book something ahead of time without knowing for sure we'd get to hunt. I'll kick it around and decide on what to do.

Good luck on your hunt sir!!!! Hopefully the javelina cooperate. Glad you got your lodging squared away.

Comment

Let me know if you come, we’ll have to meet up. Talked to the biologist yesterday, he did say they leave some spots open for standby, you may try to call and check. He said our boys will share a compartment, hopefully we get one with some decent roads. I bought a tailgate feeder and plan to corn the roads good.

Comment

As of now, we're gonna plan on coming to try standby. With my kids ever changing schedules, that could change 3 or 4 times though.

Comment

We use choke canyon cabins right at the entrance to Calliham.

Melissa is awesome, the places aren’t fancy, but always clean, and comfortable!

Pm me and I’ll send you her cell number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've stayed at the Texas Inn, it was good and a short drive away from the HQs with plenty of places nearby to eat.

There had to have been 100 cats living in the parking lot though, lol..

Comment

Finally got the email on Monday from the biologist, check in is at 10 on Saturday. We swapped over to the private cabins that are outside of the state park, they are much better. More money, but they are equipped with more comforts and even covered parking. Should be a fun hunt, can't wait to get the boys down there and get them a stink pig! Hope to see a few of you down there, if you can make the stand by drawing.

Comment

It's disgusting how poorly managed James Doughety WMA is. I've never seen so much destruction by pigs and so many pigs just everywhere, yet very few opportunities offered to kill them.

Comment

They’re legal game on the Javi hunt. These boys have itchy trigger fingers, so some may die this weekend.

Comment

[ATTACH]1118239[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                                They’re legal game on the Javi hunt. These boys have itchy trigger fingers, so some may die this weekend.
                                Bring a lot of ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X