Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision TBH Build in the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my, that Texas special is some good looking stuff.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
      Oh my, that Texas special is some good looking stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Interested in TBH special as well….

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Hmmm maybe a contender for the 2023 TBH special???
          That’s a sweet rifle. I’ve got 2 rifles right in line with that unit (proof lite) and they are every bit $4500.+ The tbh special in my book should be a good value in an affordable package. I’ve been wanting a rimfire unit but I also know not many want to spend $$$ on a 22. I mean you can have it all but be prepared to spend some cash.

Want to add both rifles built before covid so no telling what they may be now.
          Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 12-11-2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            https://media.tenor.com/NN89l8Ln8iIA...south-park.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Bahahahaha!

Yeah those rifles look awesome. I haven’t been a fan of the voted-on builds the last couple of years.

Comment

Last year was a free for all, I believe he took $200 off anything that's on their production list.

But I hear ya, I usually have a pretty narrow idea of what trips my proverbial trigger.

I'm wanting in this year but again feel like I'm just a bit off of the masses.

Comment

2 types of builds would really interest me:

1. An ultralight mountain hunting rifle, possibly packable. I think this one may have happened somewhat recently or was at least in talks.

2. A rimfire build like Robert has showed us in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The back pack pic is terrible quality but this is a 21 inch Maverick Light with a muzzle break and 30 ounce NF scope. It weighs 8 pounds on the nose.

Hunting gear and half a mule deer I was at 86 pounds. It carries really well in the pack with the muzzle riding just above head level.

I took the deer at 640 yards on the opposite hill side on the last morning in a light snow.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	24700884Click image for larger version

Name:	20221116_090943.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	24700885

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    The back pack pic is terrible quality but this is a 21 inch Maverick Light with a muzzle break and 30 ounce NF scope. It weighs 8 pounds on the nose.

Hunting gear and half a mule deer I was at 86 pounds. It carries really well in the pack with the muzzle riding just above head level.

I took the deer at 640 yards on the opposite hill side on the last morning in a light snow.[ATTACH]1112623[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1112624[/ATTACH]

That’s awesome. What caliber?

Something like that or I believe I remember some talk about a folding chassis.

Comment

It's a 7 saum in a long action due to the .195 free bore allowing the bullet to be seated above the neck shoulder junction.

I'm running a 180 hybrid over H1k and pushing it pretty hard at 2840. I developed the load in the summer heat and it's held up well including the mule deer shot at 8000 feet and Temps in the high 20s.

It's .5moa to 850.

Last edited by Slick8; 12-14-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Rifle with suppressor combo gets my vote, or 22lr.

Comment

I'm interested to see as well

Comment

Any chance a build happens this year?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Hey guys! I'm a little late getting this started this year......mostly because I wanted to see what what component availability would be like on a couple of ideas I had in mind. Then a couple of weeks ago we had a BIG wrench thrown in the works when Defiance had a MAJOR price increase without much warning. Unfortunately, that increase would make it pretty challenging to make it work well for the TBH deal. I'm working on some alternatives, but have nothing solid to offer at this point. In short, if we are able to do anything this year it will open up a little later than it has in the past.

Thanks,
                                Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X