No announcement yet.

Anyone Rent Their Camper? RVShare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they make you fill out a W9 form so they can 1099 you?

Comment

After we were done with ours (living in it while we built our barndo), we put it on rvshare and outdoorsy. We had a few rentals, but not enough to make the payment. We required a 3/4 ton truck if you were going to rent it. The renter was responsible for all transport. One dude showed up in a 1 ton dually, acted like he was a long haul pro, put the camper on a 2" ball, and lost it a few miles down the road. The safety chains saved the trailer. He tried to get us to pay him back for the electric jack he replaced and damage to his truck. The rvshare contract was pretty solid and we told him to kick rocks.

We were then approached by a company down in Richmond/Rosenburg. They stored the trailer, rented it for you, cleaned it, did the upkeep, etc. The split was 60/40. It worked well for a few months and then the asked us if we would consider a long term rental. Ever since, they've been at least 3 months behind paying us. We have no idea where our trailer is, or when we might see it again. They won't answer either of our calls, texts, or respond to emails. We're about to pursue legal action. Total PITA.

So, do not use VAKAY RV RENTALS!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        After we were done with ours (living in it while we built our barndo), we put it on rvshare and outdoorsy. We had a few rentals, but not enough to make the payment. We required a 3/4 ton truck if you were going to rent it. The renter was responsible for all transport. One dude showed up in a 1 ton dually, acted like he was a long haul pro, put the camper on a 2" ball, and lost it a few miles down the road. The safety chains saved the trailer. He tried to get us to pay him back for the electric jack he replaced and damage to his truck. The rvshare contract was pretty solid and we told him to kick rocks.

We were then approached by a company down in Richmond/Rosenburg. They stored the trailer, rented it for you, cleaned it, did the upkeep, etc. The split was 60/40. It worked well for a few months and then the asked us if we would consider a long term rental. Ever since, they've been at least 3 months behind paying us. We have no idea where our trailer is, or when we might see it again. They won't answer either of our calls, texts, or respond to emails. We're about to pursue legal action. Total PITA.

Yikes what a story

Maybe it's new life is a rolling meth lab / skin flic studio

At what point can you claim it "stolen"?
        Hopefully soon.

Comment

As mentioned above. I tried to rent one but the fees add up so high that it was going to be $850 for a 4 day 3 night trip. I couldn't justify it. And that was just for a regular bumper pull.

Comment

I rent mine all the time now.

Easily making the payment.

I offer delivery and set up within 60 miles for a fee.

If they’re not hauling it I don’t always go through Outdoorsy especially if it’s someone I know I get CC to hold on file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have rented a camper from RVshare at least once a year for the last 3 years. We've had a good experience each time.

Comment

We are looking at buying a Class C Motorhome and possibly renting it out when we are not using it

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  Yikes what a story

Maybe it's new life is a rolling meth lab / skin flic studio

At what point can you claim it "stolen"?
                  Hopefully soon.
                  It very well could be a meth lab. I do expect it to be trashed when we do get it back.

We've talked to a friend that's in LE, and he said to send them a 10 day demand letter, demanding it back. After those 10 days we can pursue legal action.

It's a headache no matter how you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

Think I would rent my own trailer from them and not return it.

Comment

Good for all of you that can rent out your RV to others. I am just super particular and dont think I would want anyone else staying in mine and sleeping in my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                        Good for all of you that can rent out your RV to others. I am just super particular and dont think I would want anyone else staying in mine and sleeping in my bed.
                        I'm the same way...but I might rent this one out to pay for the new one that only my family sleeps in...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I'm the same way...but I might rent this one out to pay for the new one that only my family sleeps in...
                          That’s exactly what we do. Ours rents and make us $1,000-1500 a month. Pays for the rental camper, our camper and boat.

Comment

I will say this though. I would stay in my camper that I rent to others and then I clean than I would a hotel room that anyone can sleep in and might get cleaned by someone making minimum wage…..

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                Do they make you fill out a W9 form so they can 1099 you?
                                Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X