Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My coop does the same thing.

Comment

I was all set to sign up with them but thought I would put my numbers in their algorithm to tell me what they could save me. I got some response about I had done very good and they could not touch my rate but they proceeded to give multiple reasons why I should sign up.

I ultimately decided to shop myself and came up with almost as good of rate as I previously had
      Decided to save my $10/mo for now

Comment

We’ve been with them since 2016 or 2017. Never had an issue, they’ve consistently gotten me better rates than what I had been getting shopping powertochoose with no effort on my part. Every plan we’ve ever had through them has been a fixed rate, so no issues during the freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          Following.

I was curious if their strategy was fixed rates or variable.

Those that had them thru ice-pocolyse 2021, did you guys specifically request to be on a fixed rate plan?
          I've been using Energy Ogre for 5 or 6 years now and have had zero issues, and have had great rates. All of my contracts have been fixed rates and my bill during the freeze was $10 more than the previous billing cycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

funny to see this thread, I just called them yesterday and I'm looking into switching in the next few of days. I hope the savings are noticeable.

Comment

I use energy ogre. Very simple and the lowest electric bills I’ve ever had.

Comment

I've been with them a few years with no complaints. I got tired of shopping rates and decided the time I was spending on it was worth more than $120/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                  My coop does the same thing.
                  Your co-op uses Energy Ogre? Hail ya! Great
                  endorsment.

Comment

Love the Ogre. They’ve been great at finding plans that keep the bills lower than when I tried to do it on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just signed up with them... I went and shopped my rate and could have saved 40 bucks total in the end. For 40 dollars I was happy to make it their problem.

Comment

Good question Hockley, and thanks for the good info posted.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                          I've been using Energy Ogre for 5 or 6 years now and have had zero issues, and have had great rates. All of my contracts have been fixed rates and my bill during the freeze was $10 more than the previous billing cycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Thanks for reply. Reason I ask, I have heard horror stories from folks that have used these type services and were locked in with a variable rate and got hosed.

Comment

My wife was so excited to hear of energey ogre.

She called them, explained our situation, and then energy ogre said they couldn't help. We we paying around 4 cents per kilowatt hr at the time and energy ogre said they couldn't find anything cheaper.

Back to the drawing board for my wife. She, before a kid, would spend about 2 days on the phone hunting for the best rate. We now have had our rate more than double to about 7.9 with Cirro. We have stuck with them since having a kid. God bless her she does the hard part and hates it but she is a nurse and works 3 days a week and has time in the week to make the phone calls where I don't have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              My wife was so excited to hear of energey ogre.

She called them, explained our situation, and then energy ogre said they couldn't help. We we paying around 4 cents per kilowatt hr at the time and energy ogre said they couldn't find anything cheaper.

Back to the drawing board for my wife. She, before a kid, would spend about 2 days on the phone hunting for the best rate. We now have had our rate more than double to about 7.9 with Cirro. We have stuck with them since having a kid. God bless her she does the hard part and hates it but she is a nurse and works 3 days a week and has time in the week to make the phone calls where I don't have the time.
                              She called all the different power companies?!

Well, don’t show her www.powertochoose.org or she’s going to be PO’d for wasting all that time…

Comment

I have energy ogre. It was recommended on here in another thread. 1st electric company they signed me up with was Frontier Electric and it was cheaper than TXU now they have me with Powernext and it is even cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X