Moving to Seattle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    He's chasing after Bill Gates. Bill is getting divorced and Burnadell has been after a young, rich man.
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt by suggesting it was Melinda Gates but $100 billion is a $100 billion.

Comment

Maybe you could run for mayor up there. I hear they love their mayors up in that neck of the woods.

Comment

Garca live there?

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
          I think Melinda lives in either Medina or Redmond Washington.
          Bingo!

One of the world’s most powerful and wealthiest couples have decided to call it quits… sending shock waves through the world of philanthropy. Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates and his wife Melinda Gates on Monday released a joint statement saying (quote):"After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage.” They added, “We no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in the next phase of our lives. We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life.” The two, who have been married for 27 years, are co-chairs and trustees of their nonprofit Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which launched in the year 2000.The foundation – which focuses on public health - currently has over $51 billion in assets, according to a tax filing cited by CNBC, giving it vast influence and reach the world over. The couple have three children. The financial details of their decision to split were not immediately clear.But they said in their statement that they would both continue their work at the foundation.Gates dropped out of Harvard to co-found Microsoft, making him a billionaire many times over.Gates stepped down from the Microsoft board in March 2020 to focus on philanthropy. Their split comes two years after another billionaire - Amazon founder Jeff Bezos - said that he and his then-wife, MacKenzie, were getting divorced. MacKenzie Scott has since become one of the richest women in the world - and one of the most generous philanthropic donors.

I'm gonna go woo Melinda!!! I still got it! I can turn on the old charm when motivated, and money motivates me!

Comment

I have friends doing this. Moving closer to kids and grandkids. Nice to have the ways and means to relocate - politics be damed..

I would move about an hour east of Seattle.....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              I have friends doing this. Moving closer to kids and grandkids. Nice to have the ways and means to relocate - politics be damed..

I would move about an hour east of Seattle.....
              Yep, my brother lives about an hour east of Seattle and very conservative except his dumb butt wife.

Comment

Why?

Comment

It’s not bad on the outskirts of Seattle, mainly Seattle proper that’s so bad. Honestly you’d be surprised by how conservative most outliers are from the big city. I’d move there in a heartbeat if all our family and our family business wasn’t in Texas...

Comment

U missed April 1st by like a month bru

Comment

Gonna miss ya next year at Bownanza Randy. Who's gonna hold the GOF fort down on The Lawn?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        I'll take the hit on taxes just to avoid the nonsense.
                        No argument there

Comment

I thought you had decided on Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                            I was stationed on one of two ships home ported in Bremerton. I remember my first set of dummy orders was for Yuma, AZ. What the heck was a sailor going to do there. Then the real orders came in for Bremerton. Where in the heck is Bremerton, WA, says me? Well...they couldn't have put me in a better place. Back then WA wasn't liberal. Lots of hunting and fishing... and beauty.
                            It's probably still not liberal, once you get outside of Seattle. We went to Oregon some time back, no question the liberals are all over Portland like rats. But once you get out away from the liberal city, it's a very different story. They are far from liberal and hate liberals probably more than we do here. Because the liberals are making the laws they are supposed to abide by.

We just don't get to hear about life in the northwest other than the loonies in the two big liberal cities up there.

Comment

Well... I am in Rock Springs Wyoming for the night..will be in Bremerton on thursday to get the keys to our new place. We are moving to be closer to my wifes family. The two counties that are blue is king and jefferson, couple are purple... rest are red.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Randy

If it is health related I can certainly understand based on their laws.

Due to a recent health related issue I will not be able to help you put up the GOF tent this year.

Maybe I will see you in Seattle's

Comment

Working...
                                X