No announcement yet.

Wade fishing advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually stick to two rods at the most.
    A couple of packages of soft plastics I know that I’ll throw in my shirt pocket with a few jig heads inside those. Other rod is usually a jerk bait or topwater rod. I usually have a very small box in my wade belt with a few choice hardbodys in it.

That’s pretty much it. Keep It simple as possible. A lot occasions I’ll find myself just using one rod to keep from packing the second one along.

Comment

Here is my deal - for $50 you can get a belt designed and set up for wade fishing. All I know is that it’s a lot of work and time moving out away from the boat and having everything right there at your fingertips sure is nice when you need it.

Comment

I have an over the shoulder box (small with several holes drilled so water drains. 1-2 tops, 1-2 twitch baits, 1-2 jig heads, and a pack of plastics in shirt pocket. One rod, net, stringer, and my box. I don't want a lot of stuff dragging around or weighing me down.

I'll also add, get some fast drying fishing pants, not shorts. They'll keep the little jellyfish and crap off of you.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Grind TT double shoulder box. One box for plastics, one box for plugs. On the shoulder strap I have a sheath and pliers. Also on the strap I have a longline clip I clip my stringer to. I carry a pair of Boomerang line nippers in my shirt pocket along with a little spool of leader material. I attach my floating wade net to the float end of my stringer. That's it and that's all.

The only time I wear a wade belt is when I am using a shark basket/bucket and I have a velcro walk and wade belt I use to attach the shark bucket to.

Comment

If you get a box make sure it's one of the ones with holes/perforations all over the bottom. That's the only way to go so your lures don't rust out!! I normally have box, as described above, and a bag or two full of plastics..... Then I throw the same soft plastic 99.9% of the time and just cary the box around for some unknown reason!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

All you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^

Pretty much what I have. The first one I made had holes. The newer one doesn't. When I get home I fill the box of lures full of water, let it sit then air dry. No rust

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  ^^

Pretty much what I have. The first one I made had holes. The newer one doesn't. When I get home I fill the box of lures full of water, let it sit then air dry. No rust

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  That’s how you do it. I was never comfortable carrying two rods, when I wade now I use a rod I’m comfortable throwing plugs or tails with, Waterloo hp slam mag does it for me.

Comment

White skitterwalk- two jig heads and a package of plastic. Quart ziplock in pocket

Comment

I have been wading salt for 40 years. Tried every kind of pack i could buy or make over those years. I hate my expensive baits soaking in saltwater all day in a plastic box. This rig goes over my shoulder and stays out of the way until i need it. It is 100% waterproof even with waves crashing into you. It easily holds two small boxes, pliers, lens cleaner, snuff etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you fish your expensive lures without soaking them in saltwater?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          Big difference between the one I’m using and 10 other corkies soaking in salt all day. It keeps everything else dry as well. Now if i could just find a way to keep the reds from destroying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post

Comment

Ok I’m gonna let you in on a wading hack....get a fish tote like the Foreverlast or Hookspit style with the Velcro top. Next, get you a good sized waterproof tackle box (whatever size you want, I use a single Plano) and put your gear in it. These are large enough for a few tops, jig heads, few different packages of plastics, etc. Now take your tackle box and toss it inside your fish tote and you’re done. Nothing hanging on ya, everything in a single location....easy peasy.

Comment

Just get a foam hat kill two birds with one hat

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X