No announcement yet.

Lets talk rifle slings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Limbsaver Kodiak.. I've had most of the best and it works the best for me..
    No slip, Comfort , The Handle is great, and easy to adjust... Well Made
    Got it on most of My Heavy Barrel Rifles...

Comment

The Vero Vellini slings are nice, I have a bunch of them. They don't slip off your shoulder and they do offer a nice amount of cushion. And they are light, some of the non-slip plastic slings are pretty heavy for what they are and I hate the way they feel. I have been using Vero Vellini slings for about 20 years and they have held up well. Some of my earlier ones are just now starting to look a little worn, the trim is cracking and some of the little non slip fibers in the web strap are breaking apart. The slings still work fine but they look a little rough if you look at them closely. The ones I have that are rough looking are on my waterfowl shotguns and have been through the grinder. The ones on my rifles have faired much better. But yeah, the prices have gone way up.

Another I use on lots of my rifles that works well for carrying and for shooting is the Brownell's Latigo sling. I like those alot and they are a little classier looking sling that looks great on classic guns. I have Latigo slings that are 30 years old and still are in great shape and look and function fine. The Latigo isn't cushy but they don't slip off and are easily adjustable. I highly recommend them. It takes a little while to break them in but once you do they are a great sling.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        https://www.sloganoutdoors.com/

These slings are the best ive ever used. Will not slide off your shoulder period. light weight, and absorbs the shocks of walking hiking. I promise you, cant go wrong. Once you try one you will be hooked.
        Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
          I like the military style than can be used to steady the shooting position.https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...-point%2bSling
          Used these for years. Never had a need or desire to change. With a simple pull you have shoulder carry length or pulled up snug to the rifle.

Comment

I use VTAC slings on all my rifles, from AR's to heavy, heavy long range set ups. Two point slings with or without padding, easy to adjust quickly and built like tanks. Perfect for increased off hand shooting stability and very comfortable to hunt the back country or just walk to the stand.

I was an old school high power rifle shooter back 30 years ago and used the leather sling, padded glove and shooting jacket. The VTAC slings give me every bit of stability that set up did at a fraction of the cost.

Left two in Africa after my first hunt as the PH loved them. Send him a few annually. I don't care about looks, for me it's 100% about performance.

Comment

Originally posted by rg2 View Post
              does it adjust out long, like for an elk hunt in the mountains ?
              I can confirm they function well for such situations.

I went to these about 10 yrs ago for my 2 Colo rifles. Wear it a couple different ways and hike with it across my back, over the shoulder, and under the armpit all day long for 4-5 days.

Biggest factor for me is no-slip and no reflection.

Comment

The Slogan outdoors can be split and used like backpack straps.
                Lots of slings out there just like the veros, no need to pay hundreds for a sling unless you just want to.

Quiet is important too, metal swivels can squeak.
                I spend most of the time carrying my rifle in the mountains, on one shoulder can throw off your balance on a steep, narrow trail. Keep it on the uphill shoulder.

Comment

Check out Mean Gene Leather.

Comment

This post is 7 years old, I’m sure he bought one already...

Comment

Originally posted by assassinator View Post
                      I like my vero vellini slings. They do not slip off the shoulder, and it gives just enough without being bouncy. It makes my sendero rifle feel lighter.
                      http://www.midwayusa.com/product/242...els?cm_vc=U112
                      X2, Vero Vellini gets my vote as well for these reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcb4 View Post
                        I like the Montana sling, no metal on them, adjusts quickly and has a classic look. Around $50 from Brownells or Cabelas

^^^
                        This 100%

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                          Which one?
                          This is the one I use, because I’m a big guy

They used to not have so many options

Comment

Originally posted by assassinator View Post
                            I like my vero vellini slings. They do not slip off the shoulder, and it gives just enough without being bouncy. It makes my sendero rifle feel lighter.
                            http://www.midwayusa.com/product/242...els?cm_vc=U112
                            Just bought one.................

Comment

slogan!!! best ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X