Wood prices WTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood prices WTH

Anyone out there tell me whats going on with wood prices paid 7.68 for a yellow pine 2x4. And 14.50 for treated 8’. 4X4. I need to build a cow barn addition but i cannot with these prices.

Prices have skyrocked since Covid. My in-law's are home builders and their lumber prices have almost doubled. Had a few projects to do and was going to start building a new house this year, going to wait now. Supposedly a lot of the mills were/are down. I suggest you hold off on the cattle barn for a while... Hopefully prices will come back down later this year.

Comment

Tell me about it. I'm in the cabinetry/finish carpentry business and I'm about ready to give in and start doing everything on time and materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
        Anyone out there tell me whats going on with wood prices paid 7.68 for a yellow pine 2x4. And 14.50 for treated 8’. 4X4. I need to build a cow barn addition but i cannot with these prices.
        Prices are through the roof. There are threads about it.

Comment

Although I will say it seems to be affecting lumber worse than hardwoods and finished sheet goods.

Pretty bad when a sheet of 7/16" OSB and a sheet of 3/4" D3 domestic plywood are only a few dollars difference.

Comment

I'm a home builder on Lake Fork. House prices are through the roof because of that and other factors.

Comment

I went and built a small porch/patio off my 5th wheel down in Rockport last week. One level, frame was 2x6, runners were 2x5/4 or similar. 12x14 simple little deal. Holy heck, lumber was almost a grand. 2014 I built a glorious patio deck at the house and it was less and a lot bigger, a lot bigger. After figuring cost I might of been better with crushed granite or concrete.

Comment

Got a price on 4x6 cedar today...7.99/ft

Comment

I just found out I have twins on the way. This will make 5 kids. Already have 2 sharing a bedroom. I have to add on, and it can't wait. Wish I was in a position to hold off until prices got right again. [emoji35]

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

It will bust. Just like bullets will

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                      I just found out I have twins on the way. This will make 5 kids. Already have 2 sharing a bedroom. I have to add on, and it can't wait. Wish I was in a position to hold off until prices got right again. [emoji35]

It’s “that position” that got you into this situation.

It hopefully will get better.

Comment

Sounds like your LivinADream!

Stay positive! If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Sounds like your LivinADream!

Stay positive! If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
                          I am livinadream brother. God has blessed my family way beyond measure. I'm not worried at all about the money, would just rather be able to do it for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            It’s “that position” that got you into this situation.

It hopefully will get better.
                            And it was an absolute BLAST. [emoji16]

Comment

And it was an absolute BLAST. [emoji16]

[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X