Cancun & Playa Musts/Donts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancun & Playa Musts/Donts

We're headed down to a swim up room at El Dorado Royale in April based on the recommendations from many of you on here. I've read multiple threads on here but the things to do seem a little overwhelming for a first time resort goer like myself. Are there any must do's, must brings, or tour recommendations? We're having a hard time deciding between a catamaran trip to Isla Mujeres, Xel-Ha or similar, spending time in Playa, or just staying put at the resort. Thanks!

Absolutely must go to the pyramids.....not sure it matters which one.
    We went to Chichén Itzá and it was well worth the trip

Comment

Whenever e went, I was tired and want to relax. We would find a good spot on the beach, under a nice umbrella/shade. Tip The waiter real good up front and then he will make sure you never go without anything you need. We usually stayed 3-4 days. left the beach for dinner and sometimes lunch. Sometimes he would get lunch for us. We got to the beach while they were still working to put out chairs in the am.

I am not much of a go and do traveler. When I need to relax, I relax.

YRMV

Comment

Don't you have to have a negative covid test to come back? Thought that went into place in January.

Comment

Charter a fishing boat out of Akumal.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            Whenever e went, I was tired and want to relax. We would find a good spot on the beach, under a nice umbrella/shade. Tip The waiter real good up front and then he will make sure you never go without anything you need. We usually stayed 3-4 days. left the beach for dinner and sometimes lunch. Sometimes he would get lunch for us. We got to the beach while they were still working to put out chairs in the am.

I am not much of a go and do traveler. When I need to relax, I relax.

YRMV
            You and I sir are on the same page!!! Love going to all inclusive in Mexico and doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
              Don't you have to have a negative covid test to come back? Thought that went into place in January.

Yes. A negative test is required to re-enter the U.S. I believe the resort will cover your stay if you are positive until you test negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm new around here, but figured I would jump in as I just got back from Cancun last thursday. Yes, you do need a negative test to re-enter the US (or a doctors note saying it isn't needed if you've already tested positive and recovered within the past 90 days).

But, word on the street is no one is testing positive. If they did it would put that resort in a bad spot and their guests might either cancel or cut their trip short.

If you have any other questions let me know. But it's definitely not something to deter you from taking the trip.

Comment

We are staying 4 nights and are definitely not ones to shy away from a few drinks. Any ideas on how much cash to bring for tips?

Comment

Don Chingon charters he can set up inshore or offshore fishing. He also does other excursions like the ruins trips to isla and more.

Comment

Do the cooking show dinner thing there, order the wine pairing Fuentes culinary theatre

Fish

Go to the circ show (it’s right down the road) Get there early and have drinks at the bar.

Don’t do the timeshare presentation (not worth your time)

Spend time in the pool and relax. Don’t over book Yourself then it won’t be a vacation

Comment

I tip pretty heavy anyway but for 4 nights I’d probably bring 200 for tips.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                          I tip pretty heavy anyway but for 4 nights I’d probably bring 200 for tips.

Is that $200 per person or for us as a couple?

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post
                            Is that $200 per person or for us as a couple?

For the both of you

Comment

Do the Xel ha or whatever it is called. Do the night time one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X