Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks are losing their jobs & business's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    This. You can still do delivery and take out. Heck even Rahr is doing drive by pick ups for beer at the brewery. You can still support them and help out the restaurant.

Server wages in Tx are crap so a lot of industry workers are hurting, each tip helps

These are the people that I feel for...the up and commers living deal to deal, job to job and day to day who havent' got a chance yet to get established and to get a solid financial anchor.

I remember back in 08' I was trying to transition careers ( bad timing ) and got in a real bad financial spot, had to move back home ( albiet for just a few months ) and was trying to pick up whatever work I could. Went from owning the company running 3 crews to being the low man on a construction crew going from job to job barely making ends meet. I remember I went almost 3 months with no cell phone.

Prayers go out to the Servers, Bartenders, Cooks, Personal Trainers etc. who are feeling this pinch

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      These are the people that I feel for...the up and commers living deal to deal, job to job and day to day who havent' got a chance yet to get established and to get a solid financial anchor.

I remember back in 08' I was trying to transition careers ( bad timing ) and got in a real bad financial spot, had to move back home ( albiet for just a few months ) and was trying to pick up whatever work I could. Went from owning the company running 3 crews to being the low man on a construction crew going from job to job barely making ends meet. I remember I went almost 3 months with no cell phone.

Prayers go out to the Servers, Bartenders, Cooks, Personal Trainers etc. who are feeling this pinch

My daughter cuts hair and her clientele had grown so much that just last week she doubled her work space and hired another stylist to work for her. She now owes a lease, has an employee and won't make any money for a few days or weeks. She called me freaking out. I told her that was what savings was for and why I always pressed on her to keep cash on hand. She'll make it, but it'll be tough and tight.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        Unfortunately this is going to be like a hurricane. You hold on for dear life until it passes, then go outside and assess the damage and pick up the pieces that are left. I have very close friends in the restaurant business, and today's news of closures could mean the end for them. I sure hope not. This is gonna be really bad for the service industry.
        Good analogy. Sad as it all is with folks losing jobs(hopefully temporary). It will pass and folks will regroup.

Comment

Trump put in place the sba emergency funds for low interest loans
          That alone should buy time but not sure how long.
          I think alot of small businesses aren't aware of it and should do some research asap

up to 2 million is alot to work with for a business
          Last edited by kingranch; 03-16-2020, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            I agree 100% the virus paranoia is just that, paranoia BUT....

Folks are getting laid off and business's are in jeopardy whether you believe it or not. We have a small café we frequent about 5 miles north of us in Granbury that serves the BEST home cooked food. They are small, full will only seat about 30+-, but their business is getting hammered with the paranoia scare.

And now, Dallas county has closed all grills, bars, places to eat in general so the "doomsday" continues and WILL continue.

Whether you believe the hype or deny it, small business's are going to suffer and many will close perhaps never to recover again. Now there are even GS posts on ammo run's with sold out shelves? Saw that coming too like many of you but does not affect our household.

Conspiracy comments are beginning to really surface, "Are they hiding something?" Schools closed and no end in sight.

But my point is this...have some empathy for those who are not as fortunate as many of us...whatever you believe, there are those who are in harm's way, particularly the elderly and home bound chronic illness so just think of them and of course the children!

It's NOT a joke anymore folks and there are those who will suffer much more than perhaps all of us when it's said and done.

I grew up in Granbury. Curious what cafe it is.

Comment

I’ve got work tomorrow then nothing scheduled after that, not sure what they are doing. I guess I will find out tomorrow.File for Unemployment I believe, is what I will have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                I agree 100% the virus paranoia is just that, paranoia BUT....

Folks are getting laid off and business's are in jeopardy whether you believe it or not. We have a small café we frequent about 5 miles north of us in Granbury that serves the BEST home cooked food. They are small, full will only seat about 30+-, but their business is getting hammered with the paranoia scare.

And now, Dallas county has closed all grills, bars, places to eat in general so the "doomsday" continues and WILL continue.

Whether you believe the hype or deny it, small business's are going to suffer and many will close perhaps never to recover again. Now there are even GS posts on ammo run's with sold out shelves? Saw that coming too like many of you but does not affect our household.

Conspiracy comments are beginning to really surface, "Are they hiding something?" Schools closed and no end in sight.

But my point is this...have some empathy for those who are not as fortunate as many of us...whatever you believe, there are those who are in harm's way, particularly the elderly and home bound chronic illness so just think of them and of course the children!

It's NOT a joke anymore folks and there are those who will suffer much more than perhaps all of us when it's said and done.
                That's the plan bro

Comment

Restaurant are not closed if you have a plan. They can still order takeout and delivery and some will get past the 15 days. Yes it’s an inconvenience, but some will not recover and some will bounce back. Why other employers are laying off people that are no result in the closing is beyond me maybe this is the excuse they needed to downsize who knows. Good luck to all, we will get passed this and learn from it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    I have a small restaurant that seats about 70 people. I have 7 employees and myself. Business has tanked. I'm not so worried about myself but the weight of the other 7 weighs on me heavily.
                    Is your restaurant in Troup? What’s the name we will check it out.

Comment

I 100% understand this is going to be extraordinarily difficult. What I cant understand is why some businesses are struggling so quickly... does anybody save anymore? I mean, its only been 3-4 days, are we that leveraged? Or are we just fearful for whats coming (justified).

Comment

Most owners are ok. Folks working there paying rent and bills will suffer. Been there before and no way I could of afforded no tips for two weeks.

Comment

The small restaurants in our area have done what the big kids did - switch to home delivery. Hiring temporary workers to deliver.

Adapt.

Comment

I never dreamed that I would ever see a day that America would have a "Closed For Business" sign hanging on her front door...
                            It's like a BAD dream!!
                            Maybe we will be stronger when this is over.. Who knows.

Comment

If I owned an eating place I would be setting up a plan to have the staff take orders in the parking lot. Even if they didnt have a drive thru might be able to make some adjustments and take a car order like a table. Take the order inside and pack it up to go. Wouldn't that work for a lot of places? I would dang sure go there and tip well just to keep things going!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                                Is your restaurant in Troup? What’s the name we will check it out.
                                I've been wondering it too. He was talking about buying around the time Tiger Cafe was for sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X