Ranch fairy long distance break down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch fairy long distance break down

I broke down their data into a table. Then looked at the differences.
    Attached Files

English please....

Comment

I didn't need to break down anything. It was very easy to see that they were looking at one point and trying to emphasize that with no consideration how all the other things should be factored in.
      Momentum is now the more recognized factor in penetration not KE. Although I really don't care what you call it, I just want it the best I can get it without sacrificing too much trajectory.
      To me his demonstration didn't provide anything that would change my mind about how I build arrows. 9.5 to 10.5 grains per pound and 15% t 19% FOC.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I didn't need to break down anything. It was very easy to see that they were looking at one point and trying to emphasize that with no consideration how all the other things should be factored in.
        Momentum is now the more recognized factor in penetration not KE. Although I really don't care what you call it, I just want it the best I can get it without sacrificing too much trajectory.
        To me his demonstration didn't provide anything that would change my mind about how I build arrows. 9.5 to 10.5 grains per pound and 15% t 19% FOC.
        so, do you think the video was one-sided?

Thanks
        Last edited by enewman; 07-06-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
          English please....
          I broke it down and showed the % differences. I did this because although Heavy will out penetrate when all factors are equal. The 472gr vs the 700gr plus arrows show a 7% and a 9% difference. Is that enough difference to allow for the trajectory and miss judging distance to go from a 472 gr to 700gr plus.

These are the things they left out in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            so, do you think the video was one-sided?

Thanks
            I don't think they were cheating or skirting the truth. I think they were looking for a result. I think they were looking at a specific thing and found the results to be not dramatic yet showing what they expected. However, and I was doing something while watching/ listening so maybe I missed something, I think that to the person unfamiliar, inexperienced or easily influenced the information was left open to a lot of interpretation for real hunting archery application. I'm more of a balance person when it comes to speed and arrow weight.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I don't think they were cheating or skirting the truth. I think they were looking for a result. I think they were looking at a specific thing and found the results to be not dramatic yet showing what they expected. However, and I was doing something while watching/ listening so maybe I missed something, I think that to the person unfamiliar, inexperienced or easily influenced the information was left open to a lot of interpretation for real hunting archery application. I'm more of a balance person when it comes to speed and arrow weight.

That is why I put percentages differences on the tables. the difference isn't enough to warrant that much weight.

either way, I like looking at numbers.

Comment

I thought the trajectory difference in the arrows was the most stand out of all of it.

Comment

I can’t watch it if it’s got RF in it… I can’t…… nope. Won’t do it

I’ve do my own testing with multiple weights at the maximum distance I’d take a shot…. The results were clear. In the situation I hunt in normally at 28” 62# 420gr was all I could sacrifice. I love the arrow and it performs flawlessly

I see people with the zombie apocalypse arrows with a 22… 24… 27 and 30 pin….. &$&% that. It won’t work how I hunt. I can’t prune lanes everywhere and cut this limb and that bush. I seen half a dozen seasoned shooters on here this year MISS elk under 40 yards!!! Shooting these “plan B” train wrecks waiting to happen when a 450 gr would have got the job done… it has thousands of times before. If your gonna slam dunk animal’s at 17 yards at a feeder EVERYTIME, go nuts with the weight

I’m sure the video shows something of interest… but I’d rather watch a low budget midget **** and see my wife in the background than watch another RF video. Lol

Shoot all the weight you can that allows for a trajectory you can live with and go kill stuff…. That part is really really really simple. Everything leading up to that is the hard work
                  Last edited by Low Fence; 07-06-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

All it takes it just to nick a major organ…

Comment

I watched the RF video. It was not bad....he did not have a giggle fit or anything. It looked to me like the heavy is the way to go. ;-)

I shoot heavy and my pin assignment is 30,40,50,60,70. I can easily shoot good to 80. it is no drama. my pins are not a mile apart....not sure what all the drama is about.
                      Last edited by Tom; 07-06-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Did I miss a video???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

I’m sure the video shows something of interest… but I’d rather watch a low budget midget **** and see my wife in the background than watch another RF video. Lol

Lmao!
                          I usually don’t laugh out loud when reading **** online, but this line may of made me snort. My wife said “what the hell is so funny”.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                            Did I miss a video???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yeah, I don't see the vid either.

The table is a good visual

Comment

I know he posted on here for a brief period but idk how any self respecting man calls himself a fairy lol. Too much for me

Comment

Working...
                              X