No announcement yet.

Tikka Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Tikka sports this, though it's discontinued. It's heavy af, so not sure how much interest a carbon guy would have in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
      Thanks, easy. What about removing the barrel ?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
      If you are doing it one time I would buy the barrel and hire a gunsmith to put it on, otherwise you will need tools. Barrel Vise, Action Wrench, good torque wrench, "shh some cheater bar". Spent my adolescence setting up tool bars so I have a good feel for how to put heavy force without damaging equipment. I you also have this good, if not go to youtube and see how to make a relief cut. I have never done this. You will also need go-no-go for the specific cartridge. Like I said it is probably less expensive to hire gunsmith.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        If you are doing it one time I would buy the barrel and hire a gunsmith to put it on, otherwise you will need tools. Barrel Vise, Action Wrench, good torque wrench, "shh some cheater bar". Spent my adolescence setting up tool bars so I have a good feel for how to put heavy force without damaging equipment. I you also have this good, if not go to youtube and see how to make a relief cut. I have never done this. You will also need go-no-go for the specific cartridge. Like I said it is probably less expensive to hire gunsmith.
        Gotcha. So its just like doing a high end action aka defiance, prefit barrel and prefit stock. I can do that. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
          Gotcha. So its just like doing a high end action aka defiance, prefit barrel and prefit stock. I can do that. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Hardest part will be getting the factory barrel off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just dropped mine into a grayboe Phoenix, very nice stock.

Built in level on grip, flush cups, m-lock rails on forend, and adjustable comb. It's not carbon but compares weight wise to other brands such as McMillan.

Next step is to replace current rings with NF ultralights, add arca plate and eventually a barrel.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
              Just dropped mine into a grayboe Phoenix, very nice stock.

Built in level on grip, flush cups, m-lock rails on forend, and adjustable comb. It's not carbon but compares weight wise to other brands such as McMillan.

Next step is to replace current rings with NF ultralights, add arca plate and eventually a barrel.
              I gotta get me a stock with an adjustable cheek riser. I love my Tikka but I had to tape a piece of a foam noodle on the top to get line of sight right.

Comment

McMillan here in my Tikka.
                Attached Files

Comment

Manners stock on my camo 6.5 PRC... Bartlein barrel (# 5 contour/sendero profile)

McMillan on my marbled 7/08...Carbon Six Sendero Profile cut at 18"
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maxlab and Corps: Those are some beautiful weapons.

Comment

Nice looking Tikkas! My T3 with factory stock looks like the poor cousin- but still a good shooter.

I drive past Montana Tactical/ Tikka Precision’s machine shop at 4 Corners in BozeAngeles every 2 weeks doing our shopping at Costco, Home Depot, Walmart. Let me know if I can help. The owner Jason is a really good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        I gotta get me a stock with an adjustable cheek riser. I love my Tikka but I had to tape a piece of a foam noodle on the top to get line of sight right.

Montana Tactical was selling cheek risers on Black Friday sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Montana Tactical was selling cheek risers on Black Friday sale.

I’d rather just get an entire stock, but thanks anyway.

Comment

KRG Whiskey X-Ray chassis
                            Tikka T3 (was a Compact 243)
                            Now a 6.5 CM with 21.5” Criterion Medium contour barrel

MDT LSS Gen2 chassis
                            Tikka T3 308 16” barrel

Last edited by lglidewell; 12-02-2022, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Keep ‘em coming.

Comment

Man I just cannot warm up to the chassis rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X