2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

I’ve got a Thermion 2 XP50 on a colt le901 .308 and it sucks scanning riding in a sxs. I bought a Wilson combat 6.8 Spc to hopefully cut down on the weight so it won’t be as bad.

My next purchase will probably be a handheld for scanning but i would want the same quailing as my thermal.

I’m sure I will have a bunch of questions because I haven’t taken it out but a couple of times.

I feel like I was having trouble identifying some animals last time i took it out but i may not have had it focused correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Black Ice; 04-03-2022, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bass.deer View Post
      I know very little about thermal so please bear with me on my questions. Can thermal scopes be used in daylight?
      YES! They look the same in daylight or at night

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I’ve got a Thermion 2 XP50 on a colt le901 .308 and it sucks scanning riding in a sxs. I bought a Wilson combat 6.8 Spc to hopefully cut down on the weight so it won’t be as bad.

My next purchase will probably be a handheld for scanning but i would want the same quailing as my thermal.

I’m sure I will have a bunch of questions because I haven’t taken it out but a couple of times.

I feel like I was having trouble identifying some animals last time i took it out but i may not have had it focused correctly.

Buy a 2nd scope, not a dedicated scanner.

Can be used for your kids or a 2nd buddy scope.

Comment

Anyone have any issues with their Wraith 4k not powering on? It has been a month or so since I used mine and I couldn't get it to turn on in the deer stand. I assumed the battery was dead but I have a portable charger and hooked that up and still nothing. Then I went back to the cabin and used a different cord plugged in to the wall outlet and still nothing. I'm at a loss as to what to do next outside of calling Sightmark which I'll do. I just wanted to see if there was something easy I'm missing?? Any insight is appreciated.

Comment

Got my hands on a thermal for the first time now I NEED one. An old friend of mine bought a i ray Rico mk1 from Jason and wants me to mount it and teach him how to use it… this thing is BAD AZZ!!!

The one down fall is the mount.

How do the cost effective thermals compare? I’d like one but can’t justify 4 grand.

Jason I’ll call you in a bit about the mount for the Rico he wants me to get it for him.

Comment

I got 2 Saturday night with my new Thermion 2 XQ38 Pulsar sent me for a warranty replacement for my XM30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I doubt it, but just in case someone has a hook up and got one somehow....

---> Does anyone have the Pulsar Talion XQ38 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Got my hands on a thermal for the first time now I NEED one. An old friend of mine bought a i ray Rico mk1 from Jason and wants me to mount it and teach him how to use it… this thing is BAD AZZ!!!

The one down fall is the mount.

How do the cost effective thermals compare? I’d like one but can’t justify 4 grand.

Jason I’ll call you in a bit about the mount for the Rico he wants me to get it for him.
                I have the Iray Riko MK1. You need to buy the better mount around $200. Its so much better but still not as good as Trijicons

Please do not spend less then $2800 on a thermal

Comment

I finally got a good hunt in with my Nvision Halo 50x. I love it!

I sold my reap IR after 4.5 years and I do not regret it. I love the size of my Reap, so I am not used to my Halo X yet as I popped my Reap on and off to scan then shoot. The mount on the Nvision is not as good and easy to do that with

So I will likely look at the Iray 35 mm 640 or Nvsion Halo X35 for a scanner/2nd scope

Comment

Heading to San Saba this week for a little night hog hunting.

After a 13 month wait I finally got my Hyperion K in last night and need to get everything put together.

Comment

Fox I got a few weeks ago on a super windy night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is 25 too low of a refresh rate for shooting animals on the move?

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          I would think so
                          I'd never considered refresh rate before. So I did a quick 5 minute search on it.
                          Found this
                          Animation on Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests for testing displays and monitors.

I have no idea what the refresh rate is on my Pulsar RXQ30V nor on my Sightmark Wraith. I've shot at moving animals in the past with out any issues.

Just checked on the refresh rate of the Pulsar it's 50HZ
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 04-21-2022, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                            Yes!

That tells me its either a super cheap scope AND/OR very outdated. I have never seen anything less then 50

Comment

Last night we had the pre party to our big annual shindig at a buddies place. Went out and non seriously slayed a few hogs (16-17 between 4-5 shooters) mostly while d***ing off checking out each other’s gear. We had 4 Halo XRFs, a NOX 35, a NOX 18, a Reap IR 35, MK3 60mm, Iray Rico Mk1, Trail 2 XP50LRF, XG50, Iray RH25, and Iray MH25, plus about 8-9 sets of green and white tube NODs helmet mounted. After playing with all of them quite a bit in humid weather I’d say the NOX 35 would be my next purchase without a doubt. Highly useful optic and fantastic image quality.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                                Last night we had the pre party to our big annual shindig at a buddies place. Went out and non seriously slayed a few hogs (16-17 between 4-5 shooters) mostly while d***ing off checking out each other’s gear. We had 4 Halo XRFs, a NOX 35, a NOX 18, a Reap IR 35, MK3 60mm, Iray Rico Mk1, Trail 2 XP50LRF, XG50, Iray RH25, and Iray MH25, plus about 8-9 sets of green and white tube NODs helmet mounted. After playing with all of them quite a bit in humid weather I’d say the NOX 35 would be my next purchase without a doubt. Highly useful optic and fantastic image quality.
                                Some serious shooters with that gear! I love it

I got a HALO 50x now and got a HALO 35x on order at dealer cash price. Ready for it to come in

Comment

Working...
                                X