Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged - I haul water to the camp too!

Thanks Seth!
    Last edited by BigYoung; 01-06-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Great write up. Thank you

Comment

Great job! Outstanding DIY project and documentation.

Comment

Nice job
          Only thing I'd add is a cycle stop valve right between pump and small pressure tank..that way the line keeps pressure and won't cycle the pump every time there is demand

Comment

Buy It! Interactive Animation Installation Video General Information Typical Applications Specifications Dimensions Installation Instructions Troubleshooting VFD Controller Replacement   WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For mo

I use a pside kick on mine

Comment

We have a simpler system, but I really like the way you use your water pump to refill the main tank. Currently we just use a lawn mower battery and a 12v transfer pump. I’m going to be redoing our piping this summer, and I’m going to add the fittings we need to start using this method.

Comment

What kind of budget would one expect for this?

Comment

I'm not familiar with shallow well pumps, do they act "on demand" similar to a 12v rv pump, only bigger?

Comment

Thanks for the idea on the cycle stop valve king ranch

Dale, I’m not familiar with an RV pump, but the shallow well pump cycles on in this system when you open a valve ...we leave ours on and treat it like turning on the water at home. The pump cycles on as needed when calling for water and shuts off when valve is closed

Comment

Great write up.

We used basically same system about ten years ago using harbor freight shallow well pump. Freezing was our only enemy.

Comment

Yeah, we drained it out before the freeze...forgot to drain the thermal expansion tank so that was the only victim.

Had to bring water out on Monday so I went ahead and documented the whole process for those who thought the writeup was a bit confusing:
                        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3sWAqffvUQ"]How To Build an Off-grid Water System for Hunting Camp - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Excellent video on refilling the tank!

Comment

Have you ever thought of installing a rain water catchment tank outside that you can use to fill the tank as well? We have a similar setup, but much larger, that uses 2 3k poly tanks for rain water specifically, it also has a backup that goes to the 4 acre stock tank down the hill.

Comment

Thanks WildThings.

BiggieSmalls...its actually on the list

Comment

Sweet set up

Comment

Working...
                                X