Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
    Don't laugh till you try it...

I don't have exact measurements like the rest of y'all refined people...

Muddle a Serrano pepper then mix in as much tequila as you like and Cucumber GATORAIDE and shake over ice and pour in a glass rimmed with tajin (or rim the glass with the Serrano and salt).
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't see it in any of the above posts so I'll add this. My wife adds powdered sugar to her blend and it sets them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        There are two I like that come from Tim Love's Lonesome Dove restaurants: the Jalapeño-Cucumber Margarita and the Mango Chamoy Rocks Margarita.

Jalapeño-Cucumber Margarita
        INGREDIENTS
        8 1⁄8 inches slices jalapeños
        8 1⁄8 inches slices cucumbers
        1⁄4 cup sugar
        8 ounces Cointreau liqueur or 8 ounces orange juice
        10 ounces milagro silver tequila
        2 limes, juice of
        4 lime wedges
        1 large ice cube
        kosher salt

Using a mortar and pestle, grind 4 slices jalepeno, 4 slices cucumber into 1/4 cup sugar. Pour mixture into a shaker. Add tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Fill shaker with ice and shake heavily. Rub rim of 4 highball glasses with lime wedges and coat with salt. Fill with ice. Give the shaker one more shake and strain contents into each glass. Garnish with jalapeno and cucumber slices.

Still working on perfecting the Mango Chamoy Marg. Close, real close.
        Originally posted by Mary View Post
        Trust me on this one....

INGREDIENTS
        1 cup Top Shelf Tequila
        1/4 cup Cointreau
        1/2 cup fresh lime juice
        1/2 cup of Simple Syrup
        1 teaspoon egg whites (fresh or out of the carton is fine!)
        Tajin, for serving
        INSTRUCTIONS
        Combine in a blender, and let roar!!!!!!
        Pour over a glass filled with ice and top with a dash of tajin.
        My wife and I would like to thank you ladies for getting us hammered tonight
        We loved both recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
          I didn't see it in any of the above posts so I'll add this. My wife adds powdered sugar to her blend and it sets them apart.
          I used to do this and it is fantastic. Got to balance the sugar, lime and tequila. I had some people look at me like I was crazy because it looks like a TON of powdered sugar! it is not the healthiest drink but i aint selling skinny margs!

Comment

I really like to add a little watermelon and lime juice to the rum, and ice there too. It turns out unusual, but delicious! I also really like to make aperol with white wine and apple juice

Comment

Want to make the evening a little more interesting swap out the tequila for ever clear! I usually add a handful of sugar to the blender when I do that. Seen some people get downright silly drinking those.

Comment

When we make ours I give it a 1/2 shot of 99 bananas with a splash of O.J.. With all top shelf tequila and triple sec.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Trust me on this one....

INGREDIENTS
                    1 cup Top Shelf Tequila
                    1/4 cup Cointreau
                    1/2 cup fresh lime juice
                    1/2 cup of Simple Syrup
                    Tajin, for serving
                    INSTRUCTIONS
                    Combine in a blender, and let roar!!!!!!
                    Pour over a glass filled with ice and top with a dash of tajin.
                    Made a pitcher of these last night.
                    Very good. thanks for sharing

Didn't have any Tajin, so I subbed in a little Ragin blaze

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                      I got a bottle and experimented with it multiple times. Haven’t found one I prefer over other cheaper alternatives. Was nice to experiment with, thank you for the suggestion. But I won’t be buying it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        There are two I like that come from Tim Love's Lonesome Dove restaurants: the Jalapeño-Cucumber Margarita and the Mango Chamoy Rocks Margarita.

Jalapeño-Cucumber Margarita
                        INGREDIENTS
                        8 1⁄8 inches slices jalapeños
                        8 1⁄8 inches slices cucumbers
                        1⁄4 cup sugar
                        8 ounces Cointreau liqueur or 8 ounces orange juice
                        10 ounces milagro silver tequila
                        2 limes, juice of
                        4 lime wedges
                        1 large ice cube
                        kosher salt

Using a mortar and pestle, grind 4 slices jalepeno, 4 slices cucumber into 1/4 cup sugar. Pour mixture into a shaker. Add tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Fill shaker with ice and shake heavily. Rub rim of 4 highball glasses with lime wedges and coat with salt. Fill with ice. Give the shaker one more shake and strain contents into each glass. Garnish with jalapeno and cucumber slices.

Still working on perfecting the Mango Chamoy Marg. Close, real close.
                        Saw this thread for the first time about 40 minutes ago...went to Kroger, got the necessary supplies. It’s now 10:47 and I just polished the entire batch, prolly should not have done that...cuz don’t really drink.

It was ok...and then I realized, forgot the kosher salt. Pretty awesome, goes down smooth. Super easy to drink, tastes healthy for some reason. Definitely gonna make these for my wife and her friends.

Comment

Well, I’m impressed. After finishing a whole batch, you got through an entire post without slurring your words!

So glad you enjoyed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            Saw this thread for the first time about 40 minutes ago...went to Kroger, got the necessary supplies. It’s now 10:47 and I just polished the entire batch, prolly should not have done that...cuz don’t really drink.

It was ok...and then I realized, forgot the kosher salt. Pretty awesome, goes down smooth. Super easy to drink, tastes healthy for some reason. Definitely gonna make these for my wife and her friends.
                            Out of curiosity, did you substitute orange juice for the Cointreau?

Comment

I'm a Margarita simpleton...someone please explain this.

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Working...
                                X