Caught another one last night in the same set
      [ATTACH]1107242[/ATTACH]
      Way to go Buff! One less fawn killer.

Comment

Nice. Just love when a set repeats.

Comment

Good job, BUFF!

Comment

so i dont know a ton about trapping but enjoy setting a few when im out at the lease, ive got a question for the green screen...

i found an old bucket with 6 or so traps in it. full of water. Whats the best way to get these traps in good working condition now that they are all rusted? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TXraiderTK View Post
              so i dont know a ton about trapping but enjoy setting a few when im out at the lease, ive got a question for the green screen...

i found an old bucket with 6 or so traps in it. full of water. Whats the best way to get these traps in good working condition now that they are all rusted? thanks
              Try pressure washing them at the car wash, then dye & wax.
              Unless they have cancer rust, a little rust is good as it allows the dye & wax to penetrate better.

Comment

I got 4 coyote sets out just now, then realized how much rain we're supposed to get tonight.
                We'll see how they fare the weather.

Comment

An old hole set

I discovered the hole from an old dirt hole set that hasn't had had active bait in it for at least a month, and it is also on the margin of a road that has been bladed. A coyote dug into it.
                  Trouble is, that the cattle have been moved back into this pasture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221031_154635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	24696814

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    I got 4 coyote sets out just now, then realized how much rain we're supposed to get tonight.
                    We'll see how they fare the weather.
                    Actually, it may not be that much. A few hundredths per hour for several hours.

Comment

I discovered the hole from an old dirt hole set that hasn't had had active bait in it for at least a month, and it is also on the margin of a road that has been bladed. A coyote dug into it.
                      Trouble is, that the cattle have been moved back into this pasture.

[ATTACH]1107769[/ATTACH]
                      He’s found it that’s for sure ! Are you going to see it or are you worried about the cattle?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                        He’s found it that’s for sure ! Are you going to see it or are you worried about the cattle?
                        Not going to set it.
                        The calves and cows will likely find it and stopmp all over it before a coyote comes back. If I reset on that spot.
                        I have other spots.

Comment

Got seven more sets in today, a total of 12 on my portion of the ranch.

Comment

Are you running all long springs ?

I just bought 9 each Victor 3n dbl. waiting on them to come in.

Comment

Brute I’d use some of whatever you had in that dirt hole that got violated, on some sets. It wasn’t coincidence that the set went for a while and a coyote happened by it, that attractant has turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                                Brute I’d use some of whatever you had in that dirt hole that got violated, on some sets. It wasn’t coincidence that the set went for a while and a coyote happened by it, that attractant has turned on.
                                Western Cats "Gravedigger"
                                How appropriate !
                                I have it in 2 new holes, now.
                                (It also had Lesel Reusaat's cat gland)
                                Last edited by Brute Killer; 11-02-2022, 02:14 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Working...
                                X